Rollie Twirlly All over

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Pure_bliss_009, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Pure_bliss_009

Pure_bliss_009 Registered Member

As soon as my dogs see or smell table food they rush from whatever corner they are in and lay down near you keeping a distance barrier so that they dont get reprimanded lol but for some reason whenever one of my dogs comes into contact with any kind of seafood or olives he sniffs it and just drops right on it and feels the need to roll all over it until you cant even identify what the food item was. Does any one else here have pets with the same behavior or is "unique" like that if thats what you'd call it :lol:

2. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

There could be a few reasons as to why; Some say dogs roll over in scents to mask their own scents; to "communicate" that he / she has found something interesting or that he or she may be trying to impart his / her own scent onto the object of his / her interest; however for what ever reason you pet does this, it's completely and totally normal! :)

3. Pure_bliss_009

Interesting ... He's something else i try not to laugh sometimes but he's too funny :lol:

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

hehe that sounds adorable!

My dog likes to sit up on it's hind legs like a bear and just sit there looking at you.. We're pretty sure she thinks she's a human aswell, and we walked in into the kitchen one day and found her sitting up like that on a chair with her paws on the kitchen table.

such a confused dog :p

5. Pure_bliss_009

:nod: Yea mine do that too , well not at the kitchen table .. I call that the" bear " too :lol: since one is brown and the other is white i when the brown one does it its the grizzly and the polar for the white one hehe

6. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

It is rather funny.
    ...My doberman does it from time to time with the sides of her face and my neo mastiff will cover his entire body after he's had a bath.:lol: