Roller Coasters

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Doc, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I stuck this under technology because of the fact that it takes a good bit of technology to make one of these beasts. I frequently read a web site called The Roller Coaster Database. It's a huge database of theme parks, run down parks, and side-of-the road roller coasters of all types. It's very interesting to read about the ones that have been relocated several times, torn down, or are just standing there taking up space and not being run. Some are even accompanied by stories of their demise, or history.

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My girls and I spent the weekend at Geauga Lake, this would have been great to read before we went. Raging Wolf Bobs was shut down, so we didn't get to experience that one, but the Dominator was by far my favorite. If I had known the Big Dipper has been around since 1925, I may have had second thoughts about riding it..then again, probably not; I LOVE roller coasters.
    I wanted to try the Ripcord but my youngest daughter (9) begged me not to because she thought something might break, so I'll have to try it when she's older...*sigh*

3. Doc

Yeah, it's always good to know if the coasters are up and running or not. I used to to research a trip to Cedar Point, but it never worked out.

Check out Hypersonic XLC, it's my favorite that I've ridden so far.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I got sick of hurting my back and neck on some roller coasters so I don't ride them anymore. Yes I know I'm no fun at all. :D

5. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

Six Flags Magic Mountain was always known to have an outstanding assortment of good roller coasters. Riding Goliath in California was probably one of the most memorable experiences Ive had.

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Geez Andrew, you're no fun at all! :lol: I have huge bruises under my arms from holding on so tight, but the thrill outweighs the discomfort by a long shot.

7. Doc

Old wooden coasters are the worst for getting bumped and bruised, but it's worth it. I've yet to ride a wooden coaster with a loop, though, even though they exist.