PC Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Turbo

Registered Member
Started playing this again Monday night.

I forgot how addictive it is, only thing is I have a habit of building too intense coasters.

Anyone else played this? Thoughts?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I used to spend tons of time playing the game and building my custom coasters. I was really good at getting excitement above ten and keeping the intensity around 6-9.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Oh, gosh, you just had to start this thread didn't you? I love this game! I was playing it a few weeks ago when I was off from work. That is all I did was play this game. I picked it up at Best Buy last month. It had 3 of the Rollercoaster tycoon games for like $10 bucks. I make alot of money in the game by just building the steel roller coasters where it goes in a loop and then it goes up and then it comes back in that same loop and rest at the station. Thats how I cheat to get through some of the objectives.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I remember back when I played this game way too much, I completed all of the scenarios and had millions of dollars, My parks were so good that I could just leave them overnight to collect money, it's kind of the same concept as sim city classic if you get the right feel for it. I always made some roller coasters that broke sometimes and a few guests were killed, (mostly launching freefall tower launching too high).

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I would completely theme entire parks and tweak the staff until they were 100% perfect.

Wow, I really want to play RCT now.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have this game somewhere. I never really played it much, but now I want to find it and build an awesome park.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Building an awesome park is not nearly as easy as it sounds.

I sort of cheated in the roller coaster building practice one, the one that you start with a huge grassy park with the big pond in the middle and an entrance and nothing else.

I would make my loan as small as possible and get just enough to build certain roller coasters that way the interest was less and I had more money to spend in the game.

I remember one park where I had 200 handymen because there were so many people throwing up, probably the most annoying part of the game is having to build food around the entire park adn building bathrooms and umbrella stands. At some point though the game gets boring cause you've done everything there is to do.

Turbo

Registered Member
This game is addicting beyond uber-addiction. I like being creative so I enjoy the coaster building aspect, I started building coasters in the toolbox so i'm not wasting money in scenarios building them only to take them down b/c they were too intense.

i hate all the puking, why can't these people puke in the bathrooms; i put bathrooms right at the exit to the coaster and they run right past it and puke on my nice clean path.