Rolen traded for Glaus

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, this Cards team is gonna look awfuly odd next year if this goes through. Eckstein and Rolen back together again...

ESPN believes the Cardinals and Blue Jays have agreed to a swap of Scott Rolen and Troy Glaus, pending physicals and the commissioner's approval.

That they need approval means there would be some money changing hands. The ESPN report says nothing about either player agreeing to waive his no-trade clause. If this gets done, the Blue Jays would suddenly have one of the AL's best defensive infield, just two years after having arguably its worst. Cardinals pitchers would all see increases in their ERAs with the switch from Rolen to Glaus.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Id take Rolen over Glaus anyday... sure hes productive, but then theres all the questions about steriod abuse (by glaus)

He was here for a year, and he really stunk it up

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think this trade is good for both clubs...

The Cards needed to get rid of the cancer that is Rolen. They lose defense but gain a legit power threat in the middle of the order. Both guys needed a change of scenery.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am a huge Jays fan and I'm liking this trade a lot, Rolen is an overall better player then Glaus. Yes he has missed a lot of games in recent seasons, and hasn't played like he did when he was with the Phillies, but you have to take into consideration that he has been feuding with coach LaRussa since he got benched in a playoff game. Hopefully he can remain healthy with the Jays.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
All things considered the cards did good here. the y dumped the salary, the headache and convinced toronto to give us money. and we got a major leaguer in return who was the mvp of the 02 world series and can hit bombs. im sassyfied

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You do get a good player in return for Rolen, Glaus can give you 40 home runs and 120 rbi's easily if he plays a full season. But don't expect him to hit for average, he'll probably hit around .250-.260. I'm very excited to get Rolen especially if he remains healthy, he can hit for power, average and gets you rbi's. he's also a better fielder then Glaus. Hopefully he can remain healthy.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd say its a potential win- win situation here. To be honest, however, if both players return to their form, Rolen is easily the better overall player because of his average and defense. But all things taken into account, I'm happy as well. This is about as good as the Cards could have expected.