• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ROH Sold to Sinclair Broadcast Group

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
ROH will be coming back to TV in September, but not in the capacity some of us were hoping for.

Ring Of Honor Announces Sale To Sinclair Broadcast Group - Wrestlezone.com
Exclusive: How ROH Sale Will Affect Cary Silkin & Top Execs - Wrestlezone.com
Sinclair Broadcast Group

SBG broadcasts to a large amount of markets, including Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Nashville and Las Vegas amongst many others.

What is also interesting, is that the promotion vows to get the show to millions online as well. Could be interesting to see how this all turns out.

Thoughts?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
With ROH, I'm really not that interested in the ownership as long as it gets back on national TV...on a more prominent channel, as Kratz said, would be nice.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
With ROH, I'm really not that interested in the ownership as long as it gets back on national TV...on a more prominent channel, as Kratz said, would be nice.
Well if you live in the US, you can click the third link and see if anything in your market will pick a SBG station up...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Well if you live in the US, you can click the third link and see if anything in your market will pick a SBG station up...
It looks like my ABC affiliate is owned by SBG...I'd just like to see national attention for the company. Any wrestling competition is a good thing!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It looks like my ABC affiliate is owned by SBG...I'd just like to see national attention for the company. Any wrestling competition is a good thing!
Agreed. A lot of the major markets are covered by this deal... well except for me.

Another problem is a time slot. Since a lot of these networks are ABC, CBS, etc.... they don't have a primetime slot available. Most likely they will be given some afternoon slot on a Saturday or like an OVW slot on Sundays at 2 or 3...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
From May 31st Newswire :

An official announcement from ROH's website...doesn't specify channels but does talk about a return to Television:

- With the announcement of the sale to the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the month of September will see the debut of the new Ring of Honor television program which will be syndicated across the Sinclair network of stations, and with it, ROH will become the only wrestling promotion in the United States with a major, multi-market presence on broadcast TV. With this gigantic deal being signed into place ROH officials have decided that the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, IL will hold our first ever SBC television taping on August 13th, 2011. Be with us as we take our first step into a highly prosperous territory and deliver a television taping that will be host to world class matches with no nonsense wrestling. It will be what you always expect from ROH and more!