• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

ROH or TNA Wrestlers That Would Thrive In WWE

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was reading this article and I thought there were some pretty fascinating choices on this list. Some I agree with, others I don't. What are your thoughts on the names that are mentioned, and is there anyone that they didn't name that you'd think they would fit in the WWE?

411mania.com: Wrestling - The 411 Wrestling Top 5 02.23.11: Week 115 – ROH or TNA Wrestlers That Would Thrive In WWE

One that I didn't really agree with is Beer Money. Not because I don't think they're a good tag team, but for the most part the Tag Team Division in the WWE is a pretty joke. I do like Slater and Gabriel together, and I still believe they should give more time to Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris more time as a tag team this early in their career. If they would add maybe two more legit teams then I would be agreement with Beer Money. But as of right now, they wouldn't fit it.

I think Kurt Angle is one of the better nominations on this list, for obvious reasons. He's already had a great career in the WWE, and if he did come back, he could have some great feuds, with the likes of Punk, Morrison, Swagger and Bryan.

I'm still on the fence on Velvet Sky, I think she could add to the Diva's division, but who knows if the WWE would utilize her properly. I can think of other diva's that she could start good feuds with.

Davey Richards is my wild card in this whole list. The guys is extremely talented but I think he's better suited for Indy Wrestling. That said, I didn't believe Punk and Daniel would have a big impact in the WWE, and now they're two of the biggest wrestlers in the company. The only downfall of this guy(which isn't a big deal in the end) is that his microphone skills need a lot of work.

I'll let you guys give thoughts on some of the wrestlers on the list before I continue.

Thoughts?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Davey Richards is one of the current indy gods of wrestling right now, and rightfully so. His mic work does need work, but he could be given a loud-mouth manager for a while.

Beer Money (especially Roode) would fit PERFECTLY into the WWE, given their chemistry. They just don't fit a PG show, though.

Kurt Angle needs to come back to the WWE. There is no reason why he should still be in TNA. He tops my list.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
A couple of people on there mentioned Matt Morgan and I tend to agree. WWE dropped the ball with him initially and I think they'd push him a lot better this time around since he's improved so much.

Kurt Angle is an obvious choice.

I think Robert Roode would be fine but not Beer Money together; just because of the lack of a tag team scene.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
A couple of people on there mentioned Matt Morgan and I tend to agree. WWE dropped the ball with him initially and I think they'd push him a lot better this time around since he's improved so much.
Matt would do well, but he wouldn't be top-of-the-line main event material. Plus with the emergence of Mason Ryan on the scene, why have two people of the same body type on the WWE?

Nothing against Matt, but he wouldn't thrive because people would make comparisons to Mason Ryan and Batista.

Plus Mason Ryan is cooler, haha.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Matt would do well, but he wouldn't be top-of-the-line main event material. Plus with the emergence of Mason Ryan on the scene, why have two people of the same body type on the WWE?

Nothing against Matt, but he wouldn't thrive because people would make comparisons to Mason Ryan and Batista.

Plus Mason Ryan is cooler, haha.
Knowing Vince's thing for bigger guys, and Morgan's agility and charisma, I think he would make the main event if he came to the WWE again.

I'm big on anyone in the New Nexus right now, but all that Ryan has proved to me so far is that he looks like Batista...my verdict is still out on him. When he debuted, he looked to be really good in the ring. In his match with R-Truth? Not so much. At this point in Ryan's career, you can't really compare him to Morgan at all.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Knowing Vince's thing for bigger guys, and Morgan's agility and charisma, I think he would make the main event if he came to the WWE again.

I'm big on anyone in the New Nexus right now, but all that Ryan has proved to me so far is that he looks like Batista...my verdict is still out on him. When he debuted, he looked to be really good in the ring. In his match with R-Truth? Not so much. At this point in Ryan's career, you can't really compare him to Morgan at all.
Ryan's match with R-Truth was a dud because of Truth... he still has no skill beyond being flashy.

Morgan has some charisma, but he has to show me more for me to be impressed.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Matt Morgan is 10 times better then Mason Ryan is...

In pretty much every single facet of the game. Mic skills, presence, wrestling ability, charisma, you name it.

I don't know how well the WWE would push Morgan but right NOW Ryan isn't half the performer Morgan is.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I will quote Tucker "Vince McMahon is probably rubbing one out while watching Matt Morgan tapes" Vince McMahon would definitely give Matt Morgan a chance to excel at this point of his career. I think he would get push just like Bobby Lashley got when he came to the WWE.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I will quote Tucker "Vince McMahon is probably rubbing one out while watching Matt Morgan tapes" Vince McMahon would definitely give Matt Morgan a chance to excel at this point of his career. I think he would get push just like Bobby Lashley got when he came to the WWE.
You may have a point... I hope Morgan's upcoming feud with Hernandez can change my mind about him as a possible WWE star. Or will he s-s-stutter around and let me down again.

His TNA championship hunt recently just left me wanting more, since Matt was finally putting out a good product... but he was filler.