• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rogers May Buy MLSE

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
First, for any Leafs/Raptors fans (no Leaf fan here), Richard Peddie announced he will retire from his position at Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which should draw cheers of jubilation from the masses. Now, according to reports, Rogers Communications is looking to buy majority share of MLSE from the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board.

Possible sale of MLSE stake draws interest from Rogers

Reports say that Rogers will pony up $1 billion to make them majority owners of the Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC, and the Marlies. I also think MLSE also owns the rights to the ACC and BMO Field

Any thoughts? Rogers IMO have been awful owners for the Blue Jays, but it will be interesting to see what position they take with the other teams. Hopefully it doesn't make them become even more shittier owners of the Jays, because that is really the only team in Toronto I care about.

Big rumor nonetheless.
------
One other thing I forgot to add, only Canadians will get this, but this is just wonderful because now Sportsnet will roll out about 10 more new channels while devoting the main network to poker and darts like they do currently.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate Richard Pettie with a passion and when the rumors of him came out that he was announcing his retirement I was thrilled, unfortunately it's only a year from now. Peddie has no clue what the hell he's doing, and I'll be jumping in joy when he's out of there.

I think the MLSE are terrible owners, worst then Rogers are to the Jays. I believe Leafs, Raptors, Marlies and Toronto FC would be benifit if Rogers purchased them.

If they do purchase them then they'll be the richest owners in North America.