• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Roethlisberger wants a trade?

knickstape2107

Registered Member
There were reports out this morning that Ben Roethlisberger is upset with the play of the Steelers might ask for a trade in the off season. Roethlisberger's side denied the reports and then the Steelers won against the Bills. What do you think? Will Ben be traded? Arizona is a potential landing spot.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
It might very well happen, the Pittsburgh Steelers ownership hasn't felt the same about him since he crashed his motorcycle and got into the trouble with those females. Pittsburgh is never felt comfortable paying him 100 million anyway. I think they'll definitely part ways after the season.

Amuna1225

I heard this but he aggressively denied this in a post game interview. Called it "BS and how he has not given up on Pittsburgh and never will."

Go Steelers.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
I hope Ben stays but if this is true, Steelers could get another 1st rounder. And this class is full of QBs like Mettenberger, McCarron, Mariota, Boyd, and Bridgewater.

Amuna1225

knickstape2107 said:
I hope Ben stays but if this is true, Steelers could get another 1st rounder. And this class is full of QBs like Mettenberger, McCarron, Mariota, Boyd, and Bridgewater.
McCarron will be the best NFL QB in this draft. He plays in a pro style offense, is a mature player, has a hell of an arm and is accurate. He reminds me of a young Peyton.

I'd love to see him in Pittsburgh, if Ben does get traded...

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Just once I wanna hear a guy confirm a rumor that he's asked for a trade by saying "Yeah...I asked to leave this place. You wanna make something of it?"

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
BJBirdy said:
Just once I wanna hear a guy confirm a rumor that he's asked for a trade by saying "Yeah...I asked to leave this place. You wanna make something of it?"
No athlete would ever add that type of pressure on themselves. It would just be stupid on their part as they wouldn't get traded away, and he'd have to deal with the media and fans about it. No player wants that.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
BJBirdy said:
No athlete would ever add that type of pressure on themselves. It would just be stupid on their part as they wouldn't get traded away, and he'd have to deal with the media and fans about it. No player wants that.
He'd also lower any leverage he would have for any contract. Kind of hard for an agent try to sell his player as being loyal to a city/team if they are on record saying such a thing. ;)

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
BJBirdy said:
I know, but I still wanna see it ;) I've clearly watched way too much pro wrestling in my lifetime if I expect to see drama like that in the real world :p

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's not going anywhere, not unless they somehow acquire another franchise quarterback. Given his history of off-field issues and the physical beating he has taken over the years, I just don't see the Steelers getting enough in return for it to be worth trading him.