• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Roethlisberger trade rumor

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Raiders are in contact with the Steelers about a trade for Ben Roethlisberger.

La Canfora says Oakland "might be (the) only real option" for Pittsburgh if the Steelers are truly prepared to wash their hands of the 28-year-old QB. The Raiders, smartly (for once), appear to have realized that JaMarcus Russell is a bust, and very arguably the biggest in NFL history. The Steelers might ask for Nnamdi Asomugha in addition to Oakland's No. 8 overall pick
Source: Rotoworld.com...

Crazy turn of events in Pittsburgh. I mean first Holmes and now maybe Big Ben? That would be insane.

Would be a nice pickup for Oakland though.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I figured that a trade would happen most likely to a top 10 pick in the draft. Though if they do trade him they are going to be set back potentially for a few good years since they don't have any good backup QB's.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Nnamdi Asomugha [plus high first round pick]
Seriously? The Steelers should do that in a heartbeat. I'll bet they can find a QB to rebuild on later in the first round. Tebow and Clausen should still be there.

BigBob

Registered Member
I figured that a trade would happen most likely to a top 10 pick in the draft. Though if they do trade him they are going to be set back potentially for a few good years since they don't have any good backup QB's.
I disagree. Dixon will be a fine backup. Given maybe a year of learning, he'd defiantly be able to fit the role of a better Slash.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I disagree. Dixon will be a fine backup. Given maybe a year of learning, he'd defiantly be able to fit the role of a better Slash.
We'll find out in a couple years if they are good if they do trade him.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
They only need someone who throws like 15 times a game and can hand the ball off. Shouldn't be all that hard.

BigBob

Registered Member
They only need someone who throws like 15 times a game and can hand the ball off. Shouldn't be all that hard.
You can't do that with Mendenhall though. That's why the need a back-up that can take 10-15 carries a game too. Mendenhall is very injury prone.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its in the Steelers best interest to sign Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania's own, Marc Bulger.

And no, I'm not kidding.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree Millz, Bulger would be a good pickup for them if they trade Ben. As good as Ben is I can see the Rooney family trading him and Bulger still has enough in the tank to run that team.