• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rodent Control Academy

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I'll just say this:

"How DARE you come into my house? DIE! *hits rat with broom*"

I'm okay with keeping them out of the buildings, but do it WITHOUT killing them. If a person came into your house, would you kill them? No, you'd beat them to a bloody pulp, but you wouldn't kill them. Now, rats don't know any better. So you should kill them for thinking they aren't doing anything wrong? Really, what's up with that?

Yep, I'm a hippy...

yooperchick

Registered Member
I used to have rats. When they multiplied to 16, I managed to find homes for 16. So, I had 10 rats (5 boys and 5 girls) that were VERY promptly separated as soon as I could who were the boys and who were the girls.

They actually were good pets. And darn smart.

They've since passed on....

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
My gf used to have a rat that was extremely smart.

But also, have a funny story regarding rats. Just recently my gf and I purchased two rats for her god son. We asked for two females and were told which pile was the female. So we get two sisters, one a runt and the other kind of fat.

We give the child the two rats for his birthday to recieve a call 2weeks later. Apparently the runt magically grew balls and the boy walked in to see the runt boy banging his sister.....aww what you learn through mother nature :)

*We took the boy rat back to the pet store*

Gamechamp said:
I'll just say this:

"How DARE you come into my house? DIE! *hits rat with broom*"

I'm okay with keeping them out of the buildings, but do it WITHOUT killing them. If a person came into your house, would you kill them? No, you'd beat them to a bloody pulp, but you wouldn't kill them. Now, rats don't know any better. So you should kill them for thinking they aren't doing anything wrong? Really, what's up with that?

Yep, I'm a hippy...
The way I see it is, the rat has trespassed into my territory and now he will pay the consequences. That's the way it works out in nature, and I like to apply that to mice and rats.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
madgamer said:
They are giving classes on how to bait and trap rats. I just found this funny. I used to have 2 rats as pets, that magically turned into 16!!
Bah! You can give classes on anything nowadays. I'd expect something like this to be confined to within 1-3 3 hour sessions, unless you work for a rat-catching company or whatnot, in which case a whole semester-long training program seems adequate. But seriously, for the ordinary person, who would pay for such a thing? I once had rats in the patio when I was a kid, and that signaled "experiement and come up with creative plans", not "dish out money and take a class". Plus, I'd think an over the counter rat poison would do the job just fine. only problem would be disposing of the body before the flies come swarming around the windows of the house, which they WILL DO mind you.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
RossDude said:
The way I see it is, the rat has trespassed into my territory and now he will pay the consequences. That's the way it works out in nature, and I like to apply that to mice and rats.
And yeah, I would echo this bit right here. Animals are playing the survival game outside, so why change that if they come inside? Coming into a human's house is bad survival strategy. There's nothing to hunt down and kill in here, no bugs, no other pests. So whenever I see a misplaced bug or spider or nusance that's unignorable, unless it leaves my sight on it's own pretty quickly, it's dead. Too bad you can't just speak English to them and tell them to leave like you would any human. But then again, if you could do that, the problem of them being there in the first place wouldn't exist.

yooperchick

Registered Member
If we catch and release all the animals that insist on invading our homes, then we are actually promoting the chances of the invaders coming back. We aren't getting rid of the "weak" members of the species, the ones that are dumb enough to bug us.

I had a problem once in an apartment building I lived in. There was about an inch gap under my door on the second floor, and a chipmunk would come in my apartment all the time getting any food that my rats happened to kick out of their cage.

I spent WEEKS trying to catch that darn thing. I finally did, and let him go outside. He was back the next day. So, I took him a few miles away and let him go. I couldn't see doing him in cause he really was a smart cookie.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
madgamer said:
I had a problem once in an apartment building I lived in. There was about an inch gap under my door on the second floor, and a chipmunk would come in my apartment all the time getting any food that my rats happened to kick out of their cage.
Well, then in that case, he wasn't the dumb one because you were the one inviting him in.