Movies Rocky

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright I think a lot of people know that I'm a huge fan of the Rocky movies, and Rocky himself.

I was wondering if there's anymore Rocky fans at these forums?

If so what's your favorite Rocky movie, and your favorite training scene?

Lets talk about the Rocky movies.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to agree with you Anita, I believe Rocky IV is the best Rocky movie, and the training scene in Russia is simply amazing. What's good about them is that there's two of them, the music is amazing in the training scenes. Drago and Rocky do unbelievable stuff when they train. I also like at the end when Rocky finishes climbing that mountain and screams DRAGO! DRAGO!, but Ivan has to stop the treadmill because he gets tired and he believes it to tough for him.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The best montage is obviously the first. It was and still is the benchmark for all great montages!

I've seen them all, I in fact have them all in a box set, straight up to Rocky Balboa. The only Rocky movie I didnt care for was Rocky II. That one failed pretty hard, the whole fighting outside the ring kinda bugged.

Rocky IV is probably my favorite, seems like everyone loves the Rocky vs. Drago one though. I have to admit I loved the montage in that flick to, but still think that the first is just way to hard to beat.

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
Believe it or not guys, I've never seen any of the Rocky movies! I guess I should duck down and cover my head right about now?? :)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry to correct you again for Rocky 5 is the one where Rocky fights Tommy "The Machine" Gunn outside. The second one is where Adrianne as complications when she has her son. She's in a coma for awhile, before that Adrianne didn't want Rocky to fight Apollo Creed again, but he said yes anyways. After she wakes up from her coma, Rocky is by her side, and the doctor brings her the baby, and she says "Rocky, I want you do one thing for me" Rocky says "What?" Adrianne says "WIN! WIN" Then Mickey yells out "What are we waiting for, hold this"

Ah! Good movie.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thats right, see I was having trouble remembering what happened in ROcky II....all I remembered was that The one I didnt enjoy enough to remember was Rock V. ROcky II was just meh to me. I apparantly liked every other hahaha.

Rocky - Rocky III - Rocky IV and Rocky VI

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! I never heard a Rocky fan say they disliked the second movie. I think it's one of the best in the series.

But I hear a lot of fans say that Rocky V was horrible, personally I liked it, obviously it's probably the worse of the bunch, but I find it pretty entertaining. The ending is pretty good in my opinion, I wish it was in the ring, but they just wanted change things up a bit.

One of my favorite scenes from that movie is when Rocky is watching Tommy Gunn fight for the belt and he's in his basement, and everytime Tommy punches Rocky punches the punching bag. Such a great scene.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Still one of my favorite movie series, in spite of the "black eyes" of 4 and 5, and as far as I'm concerned a pioneer in sports movies. And I still consider the ending to three one of the best endings in movie history.

Though the worst thing is that there are still parts of two which for whatever reason crack me up: "YO MISTER TIGER, WE'RE GETTIN MARRIED YOU WANNA COME?" "Rocky maybe you should invest in condeminiums?" "Well I never use dem." "I love these numbers, they almost add up to nine!"

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The ending of Rocky 3 was really good, I think that match is my second favorite boxing match in the Rocky movies. Ivan Drago vs Rocky is my favorite.

Those quotes are hilarious, I especially love the one about the condeminiums, it's so funny.

The best beggining of Rocky as to be the third one, that's when they introduce Eye of the Tiger and you see Mr. T training, and Rocky fighting easy opponents.

So good.