• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rocky 6 Style Boxing Simulation Program?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
In Rocky 6 (Rocky Balboa), a computer simulation program was created to show boxing legends from different time periods fighting against each other.

If such a program existed and the results would actually be an accurate representation of what would have really happened if two boxers from different eras fought each other, which two boxers would you love to see go at it?

Basically, which two boxers throughout history would you love to see fight each other in their prime? Who do you think would win?

Last edited:

wolfheart

Registered Member
That would be a cool program.
My first pick would be Ali vs Marciano, The greatest against the Undefeted.
I know htey did a kind of recreation/mock up of this and had Marciano come out on top with a late KO, but I personaly dont think it would go down that route.

I think Ali would take it by a stoppage due to Marciano being cut, Ali was fantastic with his jab and could keep Marciano at bay with his reach and speed.
I think Rocky would have found it hard to get inside Ali's reach to land his power shots.

Winner Ali.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well first off this was in Rocky Balboa which was the sixth one and not the fourth one, but I'll let this one slide.

For it would be Ali vs Tyson, the smart thinking boxer vs the power puncher. Ali is so quick on his feet but Tyson as two quick hands. So it would be something to watch.

I have no clue who would win to be honest.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well first off this was in Rocky Balboa which was the sixth one and not the fourth one, but I'll let this one slide.
Sorry. I never actually saw the later ones and I didn't realize there were so many. I thought the original ones were just a trilogy. :lol: Fixed though.

Ali vs. Tyson would be insane. I have no clue who would win either. It's not just a battle of skills with these two either. Both had (and still have) absolutely HUGE egos. Neither one would give up easy, or at all. My guess is that it would have to end with a T.K.O. or by points. Neither one would stay down for 10 seconds though that's for sure.

wolfheart

Registered Member

For it would be Ali vs Tyson, the smart thinking boxer vs the power puncher. Ali is so quick on his feet but Tyson as two quick hands. So it would be something to watch.

I have no clue who would win to be honest.
I was thinking of that match up myself, but opted for Marciano instead.

As for Ali vs Tyson I think that Tyson would take it, Ali was without a doubt a fantastic boxer and proved it with wins over the big names but I think Tyson in his prime would have been to much for Ali.

Tyson had all the attributes to beat Ali, speed in hands and feet, punching power that was unrivled and the in ring ability to get inside and punish Ali with viscous hooks to the body slowing Ali down.
Plus Tyson was used to fighting taller guys, and proved he could get on the inside against them.

Unlike Foreman who used to plod around the ring, Tyson was a blur of motion so would be hard for Ali to use his speed to his advantage, Tyson kept his guard high peek-aboo style so most of Ali's jabs would be taken on the gloves.

As long as the fight did not go past the middle rounds I would give it to Tyson by KO.

Southpaw

Registered Member
HW.. Louis Ali.. (take 3 fights to sort these 2.. Ali wins the 1st, Louis the next 2)

CW.. Holyfield Haye.. (never going the distance.. KD's & Holy by mid rounds KO)

LH.. Moore Foster.. (several KD's with Moore prevailing late,late)

SM.. Calzaghe McClellan.. (Joe down a few times but rallies for late stoppage)

MW.. Monzon Hagler.. (15 round war.. Monzon SD)

LM.. Tony Ayala Julian Jackson.. (Insane!... Ayala weathers the storm 4 late KO)

WW.. Robinson Leonard.. (exhibition stuff with Robinson taking a UD)

LWW.. Pryor Tzsu.. (war of atrician with Pryor stopping him in the 15th)

LW.. Duran Benny Leonard.. (Duran out moved until the 12th.. Wins by KO)

SF.. Paquiao Gomez.. ( Fireworks!.. Pac mid rounds KO)

FW.. Sanchez Hamed.. ( KD's galore with Sanchez taking a UD)

BW.. Fenech Canizales.. ( action packed for 8 rounds.. Fenech by TKO)

FLY.. Wilde Lynch... (Battle of 2 legends a generation apart.. I think Wilde by UD)

Thunder

Registered Member
This one is simple:

Sugar Ray Robinson vs Marvin Hagler,Would be a damn WAR!

I'd say Hagler wins 3 out of 5.

Ylem

Registered Member
Id like to see Dempsey vs Ali just to know who would win the way ali talks about those old time fighters just winding their punches up id like to see if ali really could beat him to the punch