• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rockets player a shoplifter?

D

Duncan21

Houston Rockets forward Juwan Howard was accused Wednesday of shoplifting a $2,000 pair of sunglasses from a Miami-area optical store, according to the HOUSTON CHRONICLE.

Miami police are investigating the claim, but no charges have been filed and Howard has denied any wrongdoing.

"I'm aware of the situation and have spoken to my attorney," Howard said in a statement. "I will vigorously defend myself and (I) am confident I'll be cleared of these baseless charges."

The owner of Eye Q Optical in South Beach told Miami TV stations that he has a surveillance tape showing Howard take a pair of sunglasses, though he has not allowed media outlets see the tape.

Howard made $5,900,400 with the Rockets this season and has a contract that will pay him $6,392,100 for the 2006-07 season.

T

T-Bag

When I first saw this I laughed out loud.It could be true,I mean ms.Rider did it too while she got the money to buy everything.There are 3 options:
1)Juwan wants to be in a gang
2)He did it
3)He didn't do it

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It would be reall stupid if he did steal those sunglasses because of the money he is making per year, I wouldn't understand why he would do it. I am really curious if he did, and if he did then he has a problem. Hopefully we will know more about this real soon, thanks for informing this for us.