Rock Band!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vincent_Valentine, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/07/first-rock-band.html

That is the first gameplay footage of Harmonixs new game Rock Band, and I must say it looks ball-flatteningly awesome. As a fan of the previous Guitar Hero games, this blows my mind. The drum aspect seems amazing to me.

My only real complaint is that the four different boards take up most of the screen blocking out the band on the screen, but it has to be expected to make everything readable.

Anyone else want to chime in?

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Oh man that looks so cool. I really should get that. My friend will for sure but I love like Vincent said the drum part. It looks so fucking cool.

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

That's alright I guess.

I recon I will buy it when it comes out.

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Ah, so that's what it's like so far...however, I know that the cost of the game, and all peripherals takes the price tag up into the hundreds at the moment (last time I checked, it was around $200), so if the price goes down, then I'll consider getting it.

5. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I got bored with GHII so probably going to pass on this one...

6. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I'll revive this. Why? Because I saw it for real, at the Penny Arcade Expo last week.

This is no Guitar Hero. This is far, far superior. The vocal portion makes it fun to watch and allows people with literally no video game knowledge to play. The drums are well-built and play fairly faithfully. I saw groups performing, and it really is a cohesive experience. Because your score is collective, you feel a need to not let your friends down. One bad performer can really mess things up.

They had a Battle of the Bands, with two four-person teams. It was interesting how different both performences are, and how the experience is immersive enough that the vocalist actually did some crowd pumping-up and chatter. It feels real, and the experience was enjoyable.

The biggest thing here is the downloadable content. Imagine all of Master of Puppets, or Back in Black, playable. The first album, Who's Next, will be downloadable when it comes out, but they'll add loads more. So if you don't like the whole one song per band thing, imagine an hour long jam session playing your favorite album.

7. Swiftstrike

Price was something I was curious about...nothing has been confirmed but estimates are 150-200 bucks. I mean is a video game really worth it? How many instruments does it come with? If you want to jam over xbox live how many of your friends are going to buy this game?

Yes its innovative. Yes it trumps GH III but is it worth the price?? I honestly cant see myself paying more than 100 for a video game...

8. Vincent_Valentine

Well, the game can be played with just one instrument. Older Guitar Hero controllers will work with the game, so technically you could just go out and buy the game itself and treat it like just a new Guitar Hero. Then you could get on X-Box Live and play with people that have the other instruments. They have said that all the controllers will be available seperately, so if you have friends who want in on Rock Band you could even have them buy their own instrument.

9. Swiftstrike

Then why not just get Guitar Hero 3?

10. Vincent_Valentine

Guitar Hero III doesn't allow for you to form a complete band. Some people find the aspect of being able to form a band (either with friends or online) to be amazingly appealing.