Robots!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Bananas, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Those are some sweet pictures. I wouldn't be surprised if we have combat robots soon. Send a few of those into hostile territory and all the enemy will be able to do is run (unless they have something that can destroy the robot).

3. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Robots are not indestructable, or shouldn't be anyway... I wouldn't want to think if they were.. The Terminator comes to mind...

4. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Boston.com "The big picture"

- Every few days they have a new series. Some of the older stuff is fantastic. It is one of my favourite places on the web where I can stop and be in awe. Definatly one to be in the bookmarks.

Im pretty sure we already do to some degree. But yeah a fleet of robots charging you who dont even understand the concept of fear would put the willies into the hardest man.

5. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

They are working on a form of battle field robot the only problem that they are running into is a robot can't distinguish between a kid playing around or a actual aggressor. Robots can't think for them selves so they can only do what they are programed for, so there is a chance that the robot could kill the wrong person not to mention the costs of the robot out weigh the usefulness of it on the battle field.

I am sure given time and with the advancements in robotics and AI they might be a reality in the next 20 to 25 years.

6. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

The robots allowing a surgeon to operate on a patient 4000 miles away, is a real marvel technology.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I had to laugh at the Combat Robots...

We do have UAV's and UCAV's already, probably wouldnt be that difficult to make a ground version.

Also there are the citizen made ComBots!

ComBots - Combat Robots, the largest fighting robot show in the world.

I'd love to see the look on some terrorists face when a Gigantic sized version of a Vertical Spinning Saw-Bot starts motating his way!
    [​IMG]

actually the more I look the more it does look there are already Gun Toting versions of these

[​IMG]

in a way it sorta reminds me of a Rambo Style Johnny #5 :hah:

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

We have robots at work that deliver the mail and pick up packages. You have to listen for them beeping and go get the department mail, or to load yours on.