• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Robot tries to escape

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
'Learning' Robot May Be Destroyed Following Escape Attempts - Breitbart

I thought this was funny. Twice this robot has tried to escape this facility. Its not the only robot like it there but for some reason this one keeps trying to escape. If it knew what was in store for it the little bot would try a little harder.

Ha ha, I kind of feel sorry for it and wish it luck on making a getaway.

Thoughts?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's sad that they want to dismantle it now. You can't give something AI and expect to be happy with essentially being held prisoner.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know, you can't help feeling sorry for it. It learns faster than the rest and now they want to dismantle it. It had better escape again and this time learn not to get caught.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I agree that they need to study this more - not dismantle it - but there are some serious issues involved. A lot of security robots are putting kids in harms way.
300lb mall security robot runs over one-year-old boy

That robot weighs more than 300 pounds and that's 3x more than me. I totally would NOT want to get hit by one of those robots.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree that they need to study this more - not dismantle it - but there are some serious issues involved. A lot of security robots are putting kids in harms way.
300lb mall security robot runs over one-year-old boy

That robot weighs more than 300 pounds and that's 3x more than me. I totally would NOT want to get hit by one of those robots.
That's the same robot Microsoft uses. Wonder if they have been running over people.

Microsoft now has robot security guards

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I haven't read about any incidents at Microsoft but could happen.
Those K5 bots have a top speed of 18 mph - they can cross a 25 foot room in 1 second - and that could be too fast to get out of harms way.
They seriously need to design hardware and apps that can detect malfunctions and immobilize the bot if anything's fail.

About the surveillance issues, 1985 just leveled up... o_O