• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Robert Roode

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm following the example of Millz' thread on Kofi Kingston to spotlight one TNA wrestler.

Robert Roode, a TNA original...current member of Fortune. I really think that this guy is perfect for the main event in any company and that he should get a big push.

He's become dominant both on the mic and in the ring, especially in his recent face turn with Fortune. Those that saw him facing off against Bischoff the week after Fortune went face know what I mean.

What are your thoughts on the past, present, and future of Roode? Are you a fan? What do you like/dislike about him?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Roode has been overshadowed and underutilized in Beer Money... I am in the majority in saying that.

Roode deserves a singles push. Don't split up BMI, but have Storm go down to injury (keyfabe) and let Roode run wild. TNA has a lot of faith in him.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Roode has been overshadowed and underutilized in Beer Money... I am in the majority in saying that.

Roode deserves a singles push. Don't split up BMI, but have Storm go down to injury (keyfabe) and let Roode run wild. TNA has a lot of faith in him.
I definitely think Roode deserves that push, but I don't think that Storm should suffer because of it by any means. He's a talented and damn entertaining guy.

I don't even think a team split up is required, just them focusing (as a unit, kind of supporting each other) on their respective singles' careers.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I don't even think a team split up is required, just them focusing (as a unit, kind of supporting each other) on their respective singles' careers.
That is a possibility, but as long as they are in Fortune, that won't happen... :-/

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Sure it can...if they lose the tag belts there's no reason that two Fortune members can't operate as singles wrestlers without sacrificing being a unit...same goes for AJ and Kazarian.

Being in a stable is the perfect time for a tag team to get a chance at having independent members without breaking up. Because they're still members of Fortune even if they're not wrestling as Beer Money.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Sure it can...if they lose the tag belts there's no reason that two Fortune members can't operate as singles wrestlers without sacrificing being a unit...same goes for AJ and Kazarian.

Being in a stable is the perfect time for a tag team to get a chance at having independent members without breaking up. Because they're still members of Fortune even if they're not wrestling as Beer Money.
Makes sense. Just I don't see it happening at this point. For some reason I think that TNA is going to hold him back as they always have.

Plus who would they lose the tag belts to... Gunner and Murphy?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Makes sense. Just I don't see it happening at this point. For some reason I think that TNA is going to hold him back as they always have.

Plus who would they lose the tag belts to... Gunner and Murphy?
I don't think it will happen for a while, but I think that it will happen. There's a good chance that when it does it will be after Fortune and involve a tag team split, first.

How about MMG or Generation Me?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I don't think it will happen for a while, but I think that it will happen. There's a good chance that when it does it will be after Fortune and involve a tag team split, first.

How about MMG or Generation Me?
Gen Me is an option, and honestly I believe the best choice. They deserve the tag belts.

MCMG? Meh. Face/Face tag feud? Not likely.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Do you guys think that when (hopefully it's not a matter of if) Roode gets his next singles' run, he'll have the TV Title before going into the main event?

I'm really torn on whether he needs it or not. Part of me says that he's a perfect candidate to give the belt some more credibility. Another part of me says that Roode has demonstrated his in-ring talent and personality for years and is already worthy of the TNA World Heavyweight Title.