Robert Plant

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My friend told me this and I felt that I had to post it. Robert Plant(The leading singer of Led Zeppelin) was at a club not to long ago and the DJ played some Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Sound Garden, and Plant went to see the DJ and said to him who is this crap and why are you playing this crap at this club. I found that so funny, and I think he deserves every right to say that especially that Led Zeppelin is one of the greatest bands of all time. What do you think about this guys?

Do you think he has the right to say this, and do you agree with him, or disagree.

No, this is stupid. Under no circumstances should another musician insult another's genre. If I ever heard any of that shit at a show, I would hit the whiny nut. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I thought someone like plant would respect other peoples opinions more.

The exception is rap, but only when it promotes things like gang violence.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally I don't think there's anything wrong in this, everyone is entitled to their own opinions even musicians. So if a legend like Plant thinks the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Sound Garden are garbage then he's allowed to say so. Sorry but that's how I feel.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong in this, everyone is entitled to their own opinions even musicians. So if a legend like Plant thinks the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Sound Garden are garbage then he's allowed to say so. Sorry but that's how I feel.
Ill give you that. Hes allowed an opinion.

But voicing it to a DJ, someone whos job it is to play music for people, and telling him hes bad at his job because the DJs taste dosent match his is unacceptable from a performer.:mad:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dont know if you go to clubs a lot , but people complain to DJ's a lot because of their music selection. Do they care? No they don't they make there money and try to entertain the crowd has much as they can. If Plant says he wants the DJ to play something else, and he wants to criticize the DJ's selection he's allowed to do so. But the DJ doesn't have to listen to him. But I bet he did because Robert Plant was the person saying this and not a nobody.

I dont know if you go to clubs a lot , but people complain to DJ's a lot because of their music selection. Do they care? No they don't they make there money and try to entertain the crowd has much as they can. If Plant says he wants the DJ to play something else, and he wants to criticize the DJ's selection he's allowed to do so. But the DJ doesn't have to listen to him. But I bet he did because Robert Plant was the person saying this and not a nobody.
Its in my experience that people dont complain, they make requests. Those are two different thing, even at clubs. If he had just went up to him and said "Hey, wanna spin some Zepplin tonight?" that would be chill, but "Why are you playing this at a club"

There is a line there and he crossed it.