Robbing us Blind

Danno

Registered Member
How much is paint now??? It's ridiculous.

I have just been to B & Q to buy 2 tins of Dulux Paint. £28.50!!!

Why do companies think they can charge people that amount of money for something that is worth about 25 pence. It's scandolous.

Had I not needed this paint I would not have bought it mark my words. Bloody Ridiculous!

Rant Over.

Anyone else bought something then felt they have been ripped off?

Bananas

Endangered Species

Why do companies think they can charge people that amount of money for something that is worth about 25 pence. It's scandolous.
A product is worth what the consumer will pay. If you think you can make paint for 25p then good luck but I wont be putting it on my walls.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
How much is paint now??? It's ridiculous.

Had I not needed this paint I would not have bought it mark my words. Bloody Ridiculous!

Rant Over.

Anyone else bought something then felt they have been ripped off?
There is more to that price then just profit.

Sure the physical material may be worth a little change, but then you have to take into account hazmat material cost, employee salary, transportation cost (which you can double due to hazmat), the cost of storage, the factory bills, electric, water, rent etc...

Once you take all that into account then look how much the company actually gets for that can of paint, it's rather small.

Mr-Smith

Registered Member
Its the same whereever you go. Our governments whack the taxes up higher every year.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Its the same whereever you go. Our governments whack the taxes up higher every year.
If you want to find out who is greedy, one only needs to look to Washington. They are the truly greedy. They take your money to line their pockets and feed the pig...

At least companies have a bottom line. If companies run out of money, they need to rethink their marketing strategy to promote their product in a positive light. If that fails, it's their own fault. Government on the other hand, if they fail... they just take more money from the working man to feed the broken system more. That my friend is greed.

The government has no bottom line so they take more from you because they don't care. A company has a bottom line and if they want more money they need to make themselves more attractive to the consumer. Simple as that.