Rob Van Dam is the new TNA World Heavyweight Champ!

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by KSpiceFantastic, Apr 20, 2010.

1. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

So for all of you TNA watchers, you know that Rob Van Dam took the TNA WHC from "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles. Fantastic match overall, wonderful buildup as well. 4 matches in 24 hours? Shows how much RVD will work to make the fans (and the Hulkster) happy. He beat James Storm from Beer Money Inc. and helped Team Hogan beat Team Flair in the main event at the Lockdown PPV, and then on the LIVE Impact, he beats Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles? Amazing. What a toll on his body.

Thoughts?

2. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Someone else besides AJ Styles is TNA Champion? WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good job RVD, very nice.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Meh! Personally I would of given the belt to The Pope but that's just me. There's just to much risk with RVD if you ask me, and if you don't believe me just look at his past. He's really never been loyal to a company..who says he'll be loyal to TNA?

But only time will tell.

But with that being said, I am glad that Styles doesn't have it anymore, not that I dislike him, I just feel it's time to have a new Champ.

4. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

RVD is the man...I don't get where your loyalty angle is coming from BR...aside from getting caught with pot while with Sabu, I can't think of any other big deal issues.

He's a great champ for the company right now. Yeah it would have ruled to see Pope getting it, but RVD is one of my all time favorites and I'm glad he can get some runs in before he retires.

I was marking over this big time last night, lol. Just didn't want to make a thread because of those who may not have seen it yet! Congrats to Mr. Monday Night.

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I have mixed feelings on the title change. I think its an okay idea to have a major title switch on free TV because it proves to the audience that something might actually happen on TNA Impact. In contrast, nothing major really happens on RAW...Smackdown is a different story but not the point of my post.

RVD is an extremely popular superstar and I'm not worried about him. He's a little slow on the brain'ish side of things but he's not a bad choice. Now if Hardy had won last night everyone would have the right to be very pissed off because of his possible feloney charges. RVD, on the other hand, will be a very good champion.

6. Unity

Yeah I had considered Jeff winning the match and getting the title...it wouldn't work because his charges aren't settled, as you said. It would work a lot with the TNA fan base growing, but it's just not possible right now.

RVD is a great champ in any company, and he's still fresh enough in the role (since he wasn't a multi-time champ in the WWE as with people like HHH) to be exciting and different.

7. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

No offence to RVD, I'm happy for him and all, but I would have LOVED to see the belt go to The Pope, dammit his time is now....

8. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

No, I didn't know. I had iMPACT! on DVR and was watching it right now.

9. Unity

This is why I didn't post this thread yet, but still, this has happened before in the last couple of months...

...why read through pro wrestling forums while watching pro wrestling?! No offense meant, but you've gotta be careful.

10. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

None taken, Uni. My post wasn't a complaint for our new member, just a response to his statement. It's TNA, after all! I usually read their spoilers anyway. There's not much the Roly-Poly Bishheads could do with the element of surprise (outside of producing Shane-O) to wow someone like me. RVD TNAWCW HWC? Likin' it, but I'm not sitting here all OMGWHYDIDYOUTELLMETHAT just because I read about it first. :cool:

For the record, though, just so we're all on the same page: can/should we reveal news like a strap swap in our thread titles as soon as the event is over, or is there/might we want a commonly accepted lag period? Either way for me is fine; I just thought we could nail that down.