• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Roaming Charges! GASP!

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Have you ever accumulated Roaming charges with your Cell Phone, Handy, Mobile or whatever it is you call it where you're from?

While in the Bahama's Kim and I made the brilliant decision to check our voicemail's... figured "we're not calling anyone so we're safe right?"

yeah... not quite.

So how about you, ever get gigged with Roaming Charges?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, I've been charged a decent amount for checking if I had any text messages. That said, my brother is the worst story I ever heard. We were in Orlando, Florida and he called and text his fiancee who was in Newfound Land at the time. He did it a few times while we were there for a week. He later got his bill, and it came up to almost 700$ CN. Yeah, Ouch!!!!

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thats basically what has happened to us. I got a text message from Verizon saying that Kims phone racked up over $250 in Roaming Charges. Sooooo between Checking our Voicemails and an unknown amount of text messages that we sent... Im fairly scared to see what this bill is gonna look like.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, I imagine it's going to be pretty high unfortunately. I've definitely learned my lesson and now if I go out of town I'm only going to use my phone in case of an emergency. It's crazy how much they charge you in roaming charges, even if you don't have your phone turned on for all that long.