Roadmap for America's Future

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
This is a plan that Paul Ryan of MN came up with and is starting to get some real attention with Congress members running this year. I haven't read everything, but its given me more hope than anything I've read in a long time. It really is quite excellent and specific. A nice break from the typical fluff I see from politicians.
Your Page Title

Key points:

Health Care: Provides a refundable tax credit – $2,300 for individuals and $5,700 for families – to purchase coverage in any State, and keep it with them if they move or change jobs.

Social Security:
Offers workers under 55 the option of investing over one third of their current Social Security taxes into personal retirement accounts, similar to the Thrift Savings Plan available to Federal employees. Includes a property right so they can pass on these assets to their heirs, and a guarantee that individuals will not lose a dollar they contribute to their accounts, even after inflation.

Individual Taxes:Simplifies tax rates to 10 percent on income up to $100,000 for joint filers, and $50,000 for single filers; and 25 percent on taxable income above these amounts. Also includes a generous standard deduction and personal exemption (totaling $39,000 for a family of four).

Corporate Taxes:
Replaces the corporate income tax – currently the second highest in the industrialized world – with a border-adjustable business consumption tax of 8.5 percent. This new rate is roughly half that of the rest of the industrialized world.