Road Trip!

Discussion in 'Travel, Points & Rewards' started by AnitaKnapp, May 13, 2010.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

So, I'm thinking of taking my first ever road trip, just to get away.

For you road trippers out there, is it more expensive than just flying somewhere? What would you recommend as staples/must haves/must do for a first timer?

I live in Texas...is there anywhere you would recommend that I road trip to?

2. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Think of places that you want to go see (attractions) that other states have to offer, both the East and West coast have their fair share of attractions for those traveling around. I would recommend Georgia, and Florida along with Maryland and Pennsylvania for thier attractions and histoical landmarks. For the West coast there's always Vegas, Washington state and L.A for sure.

I think it's less expensive driving because you know where your personal items are, no need to wait for planes and you're on your own time. Not someone else's.

~Shwa

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

My last road trip was from SF to LA. It was a little more expensive to fly and at that time there were all sorts of hassles in the airport,and hours of wait, so it was definitely better to just take the car.

Food stock especially water! Maps, awesome music collection, extra pillow/blanket, charger for your cellphone etc.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I think you should come to FLORIDA. Seriously!

5. Puck

Puck Registered Member

You should gtfo out of the States.

and come to Canada.

6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't have a passport, Puck!

I do need to get one of those.

As it happens, I am taking a very mini road trip next week. Ok, it's not a road trip at all, really. But we do have to drive a few hours to get there.

I'm not sure if a road trip is for me...but I would like to do it someday...just to see.

7. Puck

Puck Registered Member

gtfo.

But really, get on it. Canadians are super nice, despite the fact they name call...elephant.