• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB RIP Tony Gwynn?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
It's been confirmed!! I can't believe he's gone. Not only was he the greatest hitters of our generation but I heard he was an even nicer person. I wonder what the cause was. RIP Tony Gwynn

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cancer from years of chewing tobacco, apparently.

I didn't even realize he had cancer. Crazy shit. RIP.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Whenever I saw him play, it always seemed like he would get three hits. Such a great player.

RIP.

One of the all-time greats, perhaps the most consistent hitter in all of baseball. I read an interesting tidbit this morning: Tony Gwynn struck out 3 times during a game only once. And he never had a 4-strikeout game. That shows how clutch of a hitter he was...

Condolences to the Gwynn family.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Never struck out more than 40 times in a season. Other than his first (when he played in only 54 games), never had a season where he struck out more times than he walked or hit less than .309.

He put up some amazing numbers.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Probably one of the few players I truly enjoyed watching for years and years, always was a great hitter and an all around nice guy from what I've heard

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Breaking News 2
Millz Baseball 3
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 13
sunrise Music 0
JimColyer Baseball 2