• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

RIP Roy Halladay

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Died of a plane crash today. I'm numb, I'm saddened and don't really have the words right now to truly express how I feel right now. I will come back and give this true justice.

Rest easy, Doc. Gone way too soon, you will be missed by thousands of people, but we will have your awesome highlights forever.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Arguably the greatest pitcher in Blue Jays history with Dave Stieb. Doc was electrifying to watch on the mound. This one hurts like hell. RIP Doc.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A Koufax of his generation (not THE Koufax, that's Pedro). His numbers during his peak (2002-11) are unbelievable: 170-75, 2.97 ERA (that's an ERA+ of 148), 1.11 WHIP, 4.57 K/BB ratio, 63 CGs, 18 SHO over 2194 2/3 innings and 303 starts.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crazy that this happened, I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

My biggest memory of Halladay in a game is probably not the one he'd have chosen since he lost but it was Game 5 of the 2011 NLDS...Philly v St Louis. He and his best friend Chris Carpenter both went the distance and the Cardinals won 1-0 to advance over the heavily favorited Phillies. It was one of the best games I have ever seen...both guys were on the money.

Anyway, RIP.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crazy that this happened, I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

My biggest memory of Halladay in a game is probably not the one he'd have chosen since he lost but it was Game 5 of the 2011 NLDS...Philly v St Louis. He and his best friend Chris Carpenter both went the distance and the Cardinals won 1-0 to advance over the heavily favorited Phillies. It was one of the best games I have ever seen...both guys were on the money.

Anyway, RIP.
Remember watching that game. It was a thing of beauty. His no-hitter against the Reds, which was his first Postseason start, is still one of the greatest pitching performances I ever saw. It was truly remarkable.

Usually, when your team trades your favourite player, you are quite pissed off at the front office, but I was so happy for Roy Hallday since he was traded to a contender and finally had a chance to win a World Series. Unfortunately, he never did, but he had some great years with them, won a Cy Young, threw a no-hitter like I mentioned above and also pitched a perfect game.

Last edited:

Impaired

Registered Member
He was a great pitcher. RIP Doc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Breaking News 2
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 4
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 11
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 4
Impaired Music 0