• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

RIP Jose fernandez

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure most baseball fans have heard the news by now. I was so numb when I first saw what happened this morning. Can't believe it. He was only 24-years-old.

Rest in Power, young man. You'll be missed by millions.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Terrible loss for baseball. RIP Jose. Seemed to be a class act and a tremendous story with his defection from Cuba. This moment with him and Tulo has to be my favorite:

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I literally didn't hear about this until earlier tonight. I had heard something about Jose Fernandez but didn't know what happened.

Way too young to die.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Terrible loss for baseball. RIP Jose. Seemed to be a class act and a tremendous story with his defection from Cuba. This moment with him and Tulo has to be my favorite:

He sure had a great time playing the game. You can see it every day. That smile of his always lit up a room.

This hurts a lot right now. There's a lot of great articles out there about him right now but I can't read them since I can't handle that stuff right now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was an incredibly emotional scene in Miami before the game with the Mets. Lots of players crying through the ceremony. Mets broadcasters also were crying when the ceremony ended.

And that home run from gordon, his first of the season was something special.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Almedys Diaz from the Cardinals, close friend to Jose Fernandez, hit a Grand Slam tonight in his first game back. Also looked to be quite emotional.

Looks like Jose is taking good care of his friends still playing baseball.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That grand slam got me, too. It's incredible how things work sometimes. Jose was truly loved by a lot of people. Shows what type of person he really was.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That was such a fantastic moment. Really happy for Diaz that he got that during his time of grief. I know what it's like to lose a childhood friend young, and I'm sure it helped him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Breaking News 2
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 4
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 11
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 4
Impaired Music 0