• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

RIP Gordie Howe

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Gordie Howe Dies, Red Wings Confirm

Man, hockey just lost another legend. Not too along ago it was Jean Beliveau now it’s Mr. Hockey. RIP to an all-time great, and even better human being.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He lives on thanks to the Gordie Howe hat trick - a goal, an assist and a fight in a game.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
RIP to a legend. I heard that he actually only had two of those in his career - is that right, Biz?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
RIP to a legend. I heard that he actually only had two of those in his career - is that right, Biz?
I would guess, at least official fights. Back when he started, if a stick wasn't swung, it didn't count as a fight.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Either way, I like that it's named after him - a great way for him to constantly stay at the tip of the tongue when the game of hockey is played.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not sure many knew this, but Howe suffered a fractured skull in 1950 during a game and needed emergency surgery to save his life.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Wow. I still say that hockey players are the toughest athletes out there, and that's part of the proof. He was probably back on the ice the same night ;)

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Haha, I'll always remember when Bart Simpson used Howe's picture to give a face for the fake romantic interest he created for his teacher. "Woodrow." They showed this during the credits.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow. I still say that hockey players are the toughest athletes out there, and that's part of the proof. He was probably back on the ice the same night ;)
It was just a flesh wound.;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Breaking News 2
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 4
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 11
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 4
Impaired Music 0