• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

RIP Chester Bennington

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Chester Bennington's Wife Says She Cheated On Husband

I really, really hope her account was hacked. Because that's some downright ugly stuff.
DailyMail already reported it was hacked.

I was just making this thread when you posted this. I'll merge instead. Here's what I had said.

This is sad to me as somebody who used to listen to Linkin Park a lot growing up. I eventually stopped listening because I felt the music was depressing for me, but it's sad to look back at some of the lyrics now that he has killed himself. He really struggled with a lot of hurt and it's easy to assume rock stars are living the life. We forget that they are humans too who can deal with all the same emotions everybody else deals with. I'm really sad to hear he felt this was the solution.

Suicide is never the solution and I hope this news sheds light on the fact that mental health and depression are serious issues. If you're dealing with this stuff, you're not alone. Get help. Life is so worth living

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Glad it was hacked.

I was a big fan of them while growing up, too. Chester had amazing vocals.

I could not agree more with what you said about mental illness. I hope that one day we will beat the stigma. In addition, I hope that more people talk about it. Like @Mirage said, you’re not alone, always someone there to listen and help.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its horrible that some idiot out there thought it would be funny to hack her account ans post that hateful message.

RIP Chester

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bennington's Suicide Is Cowardly, Korn Guitarist Says

And here come the assholes calling him a coward.
Welch should have kept his feelings to himself considering how much what he said might hurt Chesters kids and family. Depression causes changes in the brain and this jerk could do a little reading before condemning the man.

You wouldn't believe how many people feel like Welch about suicide. I read some of the comments below the article you linked to and many of them were calling Bennington a coward.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you aren't going through it, you can't understand it. Welch should shut the hell up.

Anyway, man, this one sucks for me. I was a huge fan growing up and despite not liking their new stuff, I still have respect for the band. I dunno how they move forward from here.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you aren't going through it, you can't understand it. Welch should shut the hell up.
This is how I feel about mental illness. People don't know what they go through, not even remotely close. And, I hate when people make stupid ass comments like "suck it up".

This tweet sums up how I feel about it all:

Depression is hard to understand. But if it can kill Robin Williams, Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington I'd say it's pretty damn real.

Powerful

Registered Member
I was pretty tired of the rock/rap mashups by the time they did their's with Jay-Z but absolutely loved that EP.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I was absolutely stunned by this. Used to listen to Hybrid Theory all the time when it was released. I might have to start listening to it again. Yet, another incredible voice that we lose way too soon. Chester seemed to have been suffering a lot since his close friend Chris Cornell committed suicide himself.

I'm so tired of losing such talented artists way before their time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Breaking News 2
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 4
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 11
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 4
Impaired Music 0