• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

RIP Big Van Vader

HabsMike25

Registered Member
One of the best big men ever. His run in Japan & WCW were very good. His moonsaults of the top rope were breath taking. His matches with Sting & Foley in WCW were great.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Folks of my age will remember him as much for being afraid of Mr Feeny on TGIF than for his super athletic wcw work. ;)

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Vader's recurring role on Boy Meets World was the best guest spot a wrestler ever did on TV. He was a natural.

Arguably the best super heavyweight ever. Worked so many promotions and never had to adapt his style because he could do anything and everything.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
Should have been inducted into WWE HOF when he was alive. His success in Japan & WCW speaks for themselves. He was a monster heel in WCW who brought out the best in Sting & Mick Foley.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of big guys like Braun that we take for granted now wouldn't be if not for Vader.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I actually missed most of Vader's career. I wasn't watching WCW when he was there, only WWF. And I didn't watch wrestling of any kind from WrestleMania 9 until like August of 1997. So missed most of his WWF run too haha. He was only there for a hot second when I got back into wrestling.

I need to go back and watch his stuff with Cactus Jack. The guy like that doing a mooonsult? Crazy. One of the best big men wrestlers of all the times.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Breaking News 2
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 4
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 11
Babe_Ruth Baseball 4
S Baseball 21