Ringtone & Ringback Tones

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dabs, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

What do you currently have as your ringtone and ringback tone on your cell phone, if you have one??
    For my ringtone, I have Lady GaGa....Alejandro.
    For my ringback tone, I have Katy Perry.....Hot Or Cold.
    And for my text message announcer, I have Nickelback....Savin' Me.
    I don't have ordinary "rings" or beeps....in fact when I'm in a store and I hear somebody's cell phone ring, with an actual ring sound...I get a puzzled look on my face.
    I know not everybody likes to have music on their cell phones, but music is better than "buZZzz" ~LoL~

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

With my phone I'm able to set an mp3 as a ringtone, so currently my ringtone is Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child. I have Caller Ring Trax but I'm too lazy to set it up.

3. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

My ringtone varies by person in some cases. For example, my girlfriends ringtone is "Sweet Child O Mine" by Guns N Roses. My mom and dad have the Buckeye Battle Cry and Hang on Sloopy, respectively. However, my generic ring tone for the less special people is the CTU phone ring from 24:

http://www.24ringtone.org/CTU-24-Ringtone-Extended.mp3

Also, my ring tone for whenever I get a text message is the Final Fantasy VII victory fanfare, aka the music that plays at the end of the battle:

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/sounds/midi/f7d1s11r.mid

It makes me feel like I won when people text me. Heh.

I don't have a ringback tone, and I don't really see the point. It seems like most of the people I know that have them have songs that I really dislike, so I tend to avoid calling them.

4. penzey4

penzey4 Registered Member

ringtone is the pot by tool
    message tone is johnny depp singing get a long little doggy from public enemies

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I used to have a ringtone for each person in my phone but sadly the phone broke and I am back to a shitty version with the default tones.

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I have a few ringbacks which include Low Rider, Patsy Cline, and a few others I can't remember since I never hear them.

For my ringtones: They vary per person. Anywhere from Star Wars Imperial March assigned to my mother to Aerosmith, Coldplay, Sway, Bach, etc. The generic ringtone is Train.

Emails I have short notifiers, sms is marimba, bbm is also a short notifier as is my rss reader. And they all have different color LEDs to go with them.

7. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I have several contacts who all have many different ringback tones.
    I like when I call, listening to the different songs each have chosen.....my ex sister-in-law always chooses slow country music.......and my son has this rapping Eminem crap.
    Anything is better than what sounds like elevator music *ha*

8. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I use a Superman theme ringtone on my phone, and Ric Flairs Woooo! for my sms,

Babe_Ruth and Bubbles like this.
  9. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I have absolutely no idea what these ringback tones are. I just use part of an official orchestral version of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney's Cornered! theme that I found on YTMND.com for calls, and the Star Trek red alart klaxon that came on my original phone.

10. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

ringback tones are when you call someone, instead of getting the ring ring, you get music