• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

~Ringing In The New Year In NYC~

Dabs

Registered Member
I know GF has people from all over, but I wonder if anyone here, has ever been to a big ball dropping off the New Year at Times Square in New York??
I have never been to see that....not sure I would want to....seems a bit crowded for me!
But they started roping off the streets at 3 p.m. today, getting ready for this big event.
So, has anyone ever been a part of the Times Square festivities for New Year's??
Tell us what it was like please :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I would love to go, just once, because of the romanticism involved in it. I don't think that I'd like to make a regular habit out of spending New Year's up there because of the sheer amount of people that gather in Time's Square. I'm not a huge fan of big groups of people.

trixiechi

Registered Member
i'm not a huge fan of crowds either, especially if you have to sit around and wait hours beforehand, no thanks!

did y'all see the Little Wayne performance with his pants practically at his knees? HTH did those pants not fall down???

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
How about the Backstreet Boys -1 and the Old Kids on the Block not singing a single line in their performance?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This is something I have absolutely no interest in doing. I don't really like huge crowds of people and would rather just do a small house party with my closest friends.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I always wanted to go to New York and watch the ball drop. I really want to go this year but my buddy is getting married at the end of the year, so I am planning on going for 2012/2013 after I graduate. That would be a blast. Hopefully if I do go, I can remember the festivities.