• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ring of Honor

wooly

I am the woolrus
Remember Ring of Honor was being shown on HDNet? Well the first two tapings are up on youtube, and i'd recommend watching them! YouTube - ROHBrazil's Channel (just check the playlists for the episodes)

I've never really seen much of ROH before, and so far i've only watched the first two matches of the first episode, but seriously.... both matches have just... blown me away!!!

We'll need to be getting a ROH sub-forum methinks because this stuff is awesome! Now i gotta go finish watching it, i suggest you do the same! :D

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
A ROH subforum is fine but only if it catches on. We have a TNA forum right now that pretty much lays dormant.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Yeah, the sub-forum is almost failing as bad as the company :p As for the two episodes of ROH up on youtube i've watched all of them now and i have to say i'm extremely impressed!

The only problem i would have is the audio. It seems they've turned down the sound of fans for some reason and the referee has a mic that's pretty loud (which occasionally means you catch him telling the wrestlers how long is left etc.). I don't know why they lowered the sound of the crowd, because ROH crowds are meant to be pretty good. Hopefully they sort out the audio problems on the though because it just makes it look like the crowd is dead.

Apart from that though, the action is amazing. There's some fantastic wrestlers working for ROH and they haven't even showcased all of them yet. Looking forward to the next episode a lot. And again, i'd highly recommend the two episodes up on youtube for anyone that hasn't seen them!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
A ROH subforum is fine but only if it catches on. We have a TNA forum right now that pretty much lays dormant.
I've noticed how dormant TNA has been lately, but every time I post a thread it's either ignored or it turns into a "why WWE is better" bash-fest. :sigh:

As far as ROH goes, I knew it was on last week and forgot about it. I'll be catching it today hopefully.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Remember Ring of Honor was being shown on HDNet? Well the first two tapings are up on youtube, and i'd recommend watching them! YouTube - ROHBrazil's Channel (just check the playlists for the episodes)

I've never really seen much of ROH before, and so far i've only watched the first two matches of the first episode, but seriously.... both matches have just... blown me away!!!

We'll need to be getting a ROH sub-forum methinks because this stuff is awesome! Now i gotta go finish watching it, i suggest you do the same! :D
I know, Right? ROH matches are incredible. I need to start watching again, thanks for the reminder, I may go watch those links now!

wooly

I am the woolrus
Just to let everyone know, third episode has just been uploaded today! There's a match between Bryan Danielson and Austin Aries that's just.... Great wrestling defined! They also seem to have fixed the audio a bit. They don't mute the crowd as much which is great, the extra atmosphere adds a lot to the show. Including Aries getting a nice "you're gonna get your fucking head kicked in!" chant :p
------
fourth episode up on youtube: YouTube - ROHBrazil's Channel

Pretty good show. The crowd can again be heard better than the earlier tapings, and another entertaining card. Austin Aries, Delirious and Jerry Lynn are all on show, and all perform well. There's also a good women's match that really puts the WWE Divas to shame.

Just 2 more introductory episodes left i think before they start bringing in storylines, and i'm wondering what is everybody thinking about ROH on HDNet so far?

I've enjoyed every episode so far, great GREAT level of wrestling and, coupled with a ROH dvd i got, i am really getting in to the ROH product. I look forward to the new episode of ROH every week more than i look forward to Raw/Smackdown.
------
Another episode online, and it's another very solid show. Fantastic match for the main event, Brent Albright vs Claudio Castagnoli, really recommend checking that one out, fantastic wrestling.

Last edited: