• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ring of Honor on HDNet canceled

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Looks like the show was canceled after two years on HDNet, the last episode will air in early April

From wikipedia:

On January 11, 2011, Ring of Honor announced the ending of Ring of Honor Wrestling, after the completion of the promotion's two–year contract with HDNet. The final tapings of the show would be taking place on January 21 and 22, with the final episode airing on April 4, 2011
I'm bummed to see it go, I didn't watch religiously but it was nice having a 3rd option. Good young talent, and high intensity and fast-paced matches.

Thoughts? Will ROH find a new television home?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think if it was on a channel I had I'd definitely watch it. They have a lot of talent on their roster that deserves a chance to be in the limelight.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's a lot of hidden gems on ROH, and I with Millz, if it was on a station I would get, then I'd definitely watch it. There's two superstars currently in the WWE that were with ROH(Punk and Bryan) so we know what kind of product they have to offer. I do believe they'll be able to find a new home. I'm sure one Network will take a chance on them.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I do believe they'll be able to find a new home. I'm sure one Network will take a chance on them.
I hope that that's the case...I remember when TNA was PPV only and Fox Sports took a chance on them in 2004 (I think it was). Even though it was still smaller I took a chance on it and got hooked.

I think if ROH goes on a more mainstream channel than HDNet it could be somewhat bigger for the company. I don't think they'll overtake TNA in popularity, but it'll offer fans that 3rd option.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I loved ROH. They were a great promotion that deserved the publicity it got.

I hope they get a new television home, but I really don't know who would take a chance on them... Versus? MTV? It is really hard to tell. Maybe TV isn't the best thing for them?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I loved ROH. They were a great promotion that deserved the publicity it got.

I hope they get a new television home, but I really don't know who would take a chance on them... Versus? MTV? It is really hard to tell. Maybe TV isn't the best thing for them?
Versus is a great choice to have ROH on. MTV is a joke, it is proven that they can't advertise a wrestling promotion.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Versus is a great choice to have ROH on. MTV is a joke, it is proven that they can't advertise a wrestling promotion.
Versus would be taking a big chance, but it would easily pay off on both ends. They just need to pick a right time. I think Wednesdays would be great. Especially during football season.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Not to mention that Versus knows how to promote wrestling, with MMA, Pride, and UFC. That's how Versus became reputable. I don't think it would be that big of a risk, just start off small and go from there. Having ROH on Versus on Wednesday nights would be perfection.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Not to mention that Versus knows how to promote wrestling, with MMA, Pride, and UFC. That's how Versus became reputable. I don't think it would be that big of a risk, just start off small and go from there. Having ROH on Versus on Wednesday nights would be perfection.
Because that would make wrestling available on TV 5 days a week!

Mon: Raw
Tues: NXT
Wed: ROH
Thurs: TNA
Fri: Smackdown

Sun: PPVs

What a wonderful idea!