Riley Reaching Breaking Point After Another Blowout Loss

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
South Florida Sun-Sentinel -
Wednesday's 20 point loss to the Spurs in many ways was Heat coach Pat Riley's breaking point.

"I'm damned if I'll allow people to crap on this franchise," he said after loudly expressing similar disgust directly to his players in a postgame locker room diatribe that included threats to cut players and eat contracts. "I've been the good daddy. That's history now."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ng_breaking_point_after_another_blowout_loss/

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
This is one of the reason I wanted Alonzo Mourning and Gary Payton to retire Miami is a team fill with alot of old players who get tired easily and the only reason they were drivn last year was to win a championship and now they have that so its kinda not the same desire, but I hope this encourages the heat to play better and striaghten up on both sides of the court.

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
Pat Riley is a great coach. Don't worry, it'll take time for the Heat to get back to last year's level. However, they will get there. Once SHAQ comes back by Christmas, look for them to be owning again.

I

Illosophee

Pat Riley will give himself a heart attack, man. He's going crazy. Heat can't play like champions in every game. Calm down, Riley. Calm your ass down.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It doesn't really help when your missing the big fellow Shaquille O'neal down in the paint, as soon as he comes back, the team will be dominant again. Also D Wade cannot do it by himself he needs a little help. But Riley needs to calm down and take one game at a time.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Wade can't beat the Spurs.....oh....did I say that out loud?........I meant a team that's based around it's stars will have a tougher time against a team with a strong starting five and excellent bench.

anyway, it's true that they need Shaq, but it shouldn't be to the point where they're getting blown out without him. Shaq isn't exactly at his peak either, and the Spurs are really good too.

I

Illosophee

The Heat need to find another scoring option who can take over games when DWade or Shaq are out or whatnot, you know what I mean? They rely too much on DWade. You can't really put that on Pat Riley, though. He's not the GM of the team. The GM should look for a second/third scoring option (depends on whether or not you guys consider Shaq a scoring option).
Hmm... Maybe Riley ought to search for a scoring option in his current roster. Maybe James Posey should step up or Antoine Walker should return to being an elite scorer like he was back-in-the-day with the Celtics.