Right to die

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by snowflake, Dec 21, 2008.

1. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

Not sure if this has been covered or not...but i watched this the other night, and its the most saddening and harrowing thing i have ever watched....

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/last-nights -television-right-to-die-sky-real-lives-1061363.html

I thought i had an opinion on this, but since watching this it has wavered my thoughts.

Is it acceptable to have the right to die?

I have always believed that you wouldnt put an animal through the ordeals of pain and suffering, so why a human? Isnt that inhumane too??

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

If someone would like to die, why not let them? It is their life after all and if they have come to a decision of sound mind that they wish to die, why should other people interfere?

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I agree. Its their life, their choice, if they are fit to make it.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I mean, a person's responsibilities have to be taken into consideration. If you have two young kids for example, you should probably hold on to the best of your ability to provide for those children.

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Thats probably why some people sing a Do Not Rescesitate order before or during their injury, some would rather die than live with horrible life long ending results. It is their right, since they signed it and it cannot be revoked, not even by the next of kin.

~Shwa

6. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Animals are there for our use, you don't treat them like humans. If an animal is in pain and you are not sure how to relieve the pain, or it's going to cost too much, then many will have the animal put-down. Humans are not animals. We can generally tell when the human is in pain or not, and we have an idea of how to treat him or her. We don't give up and have him or her to be put-down/exterminated. If we had almost all terminally sick humans put to death, then we wouldn't have a fraction of the cures we have today, and we wouldn't get any new ones.

7. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Well I don't think the question is so much if Grandma is sick can we put her down, but rather a question of Grandma is sick and Grandma herself decides she would rather die than have it drawn out through treatment, is it her right to decide to end her life?

I would have to say if your terminally ill and you decide to take your own life then so be it. Its your life and if your still of sound mind then its your decision to make.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I believe if someone has a terminal illness and there is zero chance of survival then they have the right to take their own life. If they are suffering and each day is more painful for them than the last then they can make that decision.
    I don't agree with suicide when the person is not ill. To me that is selfish.