• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ridiculous Punishment

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Usually, students would get detentions for misbehavior or cheating. However, these detentions I got (only two, thankfully) were pretty ridiculous.

In 6th grade, on the week before Thanksgiving, I got an after school detention for not getting my discipline sheet signed.

In 8th grade, my final detention was during lunch, for showing up late to English class 3 times in a row. That was because the upstairs bathroom door was locked during lunch! HOW STUPID!:rant:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I got suspended back in Year 8 for calling my maths teacher a tightass after he didn't let me go to the toilet. I thought it was a pretty stupid punishment.

dDave

V.I.P.
I got suspended back in Year 8 for calling my maths teacher a tightass after he didn't let me go to the toilet. I thought it was a pretty stupid punishment.
:lol:

I had a teacher that got into trouble for NOT letting a kid go to the toilet. (there's an epic and embarrassing story connected to that one as well. :lol:)

Probably the most ridiculous punishment I got was when I got a detention for doing poorly in Spanish. The teacher just couldn't understand why I didn't get it and thought I was just being lazy.

The sad thing is that I really did try to do all my work and made my best attempt at doing well, I just didn't get it. As you can imagine, getting a detention as the payoff for my hard work did not motivate me.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
:lol:

I had a teacher that got into trouble for NOT letting a kid go to the toilet. (there's an epic and embarrassing story connected to that one as well. :lol:)

Probably the most ridiculous punishment I got was when I got a detention for doing poorly in Spanish. The teacher just couldn't understand why I didn't get it and thought I was just being lazy.

The sad thing is that I really did try to do all my work and made my best attempt at doing well, I just didn't get it. As you can imagine, getting a detention as the payoff for my hard work did not motivate me.
Don't understand how they can be that mean to a point where they don't let kids go to the toilet!

I assume that kid shit his pants?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That is ridiculous. It's supposed to be school not prison, even though a lot of people like to draw comparisons between the two. You should always be able to go to the toilet.

I never really got detentions, I was boring like that. I did have a teacher call my Mum once because he was worried I was failing a class and really struggling a lot with it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
One time I got in trouble for thinking about talking. Yep, you saw that right. My teacher THOUGHT I was going to say something but I never technically did and I got in trouble.

Oh Mrs. Womack, you skank.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It's funny you guys mention not being allowed to go to the toilet.
At the end of class when I was a really young kid, we'd put our chairs on top of the table and would have to stand there for five minutes singing or some shit. I put my hand up because I felt sick and the woman said I wasn't allowed to leave until the five minutes were up. A few seconds later i threw up all over the floor. Stupid cow.

As far as punishment is concerned, I used to get shouted at for laughing. They assumed I was messing about, when in fact the teacher was funny! It's the way he taught, yet he always assumed I wasn't laughing along with him. Jerk.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I never got a detention or citation that I didn't think I deserved. Most of the time I talked the Principal down with logical reasons on why I shouldn't receive a more severe punishment. I only ever acted out in defense or if I felt that a teacher or fellow student's actions were not justified. It also helps that my mother had a big mouth and worked for a lawyer.

Bcatz3

Registered Member
Usually, students would get detentions for misbehavior or cheating. However, these detentions I got (only two, thankfully) were pretty ridiculous.

In 6th grade, on the week before Thanksgiving, I got an after school detention for not getting my discipline sheet signed.

In 8th grade, my final detention was during lunch, for showing up late to English class 3 times in a row. That was because the upstairs bathroom door was locked during lunch! HOW STUPID!:rant:
The worst one I got when I was in fifth grade I got my mouth taped shut for talking in class.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had a teacher that wouldn't let you go to the bathroom. She would tell you if you needed to go should of went between classes. If it was too far to your other class there wasn't enough time.

I think some teachers didn't really want to be teachers or shouldn't of been and they take it out on the kids.