• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ricky Williams expects to retire after 10' season.

BigBob

Registered Member
MIAMI -- Ricky Williams abruptly retired once. Now he wants to stick around the NFL a little longer, but reportedly is eyeing another exit from the NFL after the 2010 season.

Williams, who signed a one-year contract extension that will keep him with the Miami Dolphins through 2010, told The Miami Herald that he intends to retire after the contract expires.
Kind of unexpected but he is getting older. He seems to be getting here every other season though.. broken arm in CFL.. hurt first game back in the NFL.. maybe he realizes it's time to hang it up.. Brett Favre..

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really hope he sticks around longer, he's always been a fan favorite of mine, and he's finally back in the NFL which is very exciting. I think he's going to play even better this season. Hopefully Dolphins offense will give him a lot of touches. He's such a joy to watch.

BigBob

Registered Member
I think his productions going to go down. They say Ronnie Brown is better this year then last year and I think that'll take a lot away from Ricky.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ronnie Brown is definitely a good player, he reminds me of a weaker Brian Westbrook. But with that being said I'm sure the Dolphins will find a way to give Williams some carries. He impressed them with his play last season, and I heard he looked good this off-season. So in my opinion he'll get his touches either passing yards or running yards.

micfranklin

Eviscerator
He can say he's had a good career in the end.

And besides Ronnie Brown has the spotlight on him once he's down so he can be the next Ricky Williams, minus the injuries.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Guess he played long enough to work off the debt. Not sure, but I always thought he got a bad deal on the off the field stuff. I have Ronnie Brown in my Fantasy league at work and I doubt Williams gets a whole lot of touches, especially if they start using P.White. But you never know who or what you are getting with the new look Miami offense. Tuna is a genius at the grocery store.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't understand why a lot of people don't believe Williams will get a lot of touches this season, history shows that Brown is fragile and can't take on a full load. Williams will get his touches and will make them count in my opinion, you'll also see these two on the field at the same time more then one occasion.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Guess Ricky misses the pot, eh?

Ronnie Brown is a stud though...I'm sure Ricky knows that and he is getting older. He'll probably be solid this year, nothing special. But I am glad he was able to get back into the NFL and do a good job.

micfranklin

Eviscerator
Looking at his stats it sure would've been nice if he reached the 10,000 yard mark but it looks unlikely that he'll do it by 2010.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
That's the thing that all the formation trickery does though, take the ball out of Browns hands to lighten the load and hopefully keep him healthy. At the same time they have a few guys that they will get their fair share of plays. I don't think Ricky will be all that high on the list. Now that it is his last year, maybe they bump the load up, I just doubt it. Be too busy playing and seeing what they have for the future I think. If he has a solid regular season I could see them pushing more Williams in the playoffs though.