Ricky Steamboat

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think everyone can agree that Ricky Steamboat put on a show at Wrestlemania 25, he showed that he can still get the job done.

Now usually I don't like old wrestlers his age wrestling, because they look lost in the ring, they can barely move or anything. It's also sad to see them like this because we still have an image of them when they were in their primes.

Now my question is this, would you be opposed to see Steamboat come back full time if he wanted to? Or you think that Wrestlemania match against Jericho was a one night thing, and he wouldn't be able to perform like that often?

Thoughts?

2. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Steamboat looked awesome at Mania and looked awesome on RAW but I dont really want him back full-time. I just dont think he's capable of the grueling schedule. It was great to see him but I hope it stops there.

3. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Ricky is the man, Mania 3 with Randy Savage and the World Championship program in WCW with Ric Flair were both epic. I think in my heart I'd be cool with him coming back full time, albeit I think it might be too much for him at his age and with his ring rust.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

It's great to see him back performing so well in the ring, but i think if he came back full time the magic would wear off a little. I don't doubt that he COULD perform as well as he did against Jericho on a regular basis, he was great aswell in the Raw after WM, the 8 man or 10 man tag match they had. I can't see him being given any sort of storyline if he did come back though. WWE are gonna focus on their younger stars first.

I don't know if he'd really want to come back full time anyways. He seemed like he made a bit of a 'goodbye' after the tag match on Raw.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  5. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont think Steamboat wants to come back...that was definitely his "farewell" match on RAW.

He's already employed by the company as an agent...I'd assume that's good enough at this point.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I would love to see him come back from time to time and wrestle, just like Pipper is doing. I think he put on a hell of a performance at Wrestlemania 25 an Monday Night Raw. I don't think he could handle the schedule of being on the road 300 days a year. He's 56 years old, he's done his time with the company. I think that's enough.