• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rick Santorums Nephew Supports Ron Paul

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you want another big-government politician who supports the status quo to run our country, you should vote for my uncle, Rick Santorum. America is based on a strong belief in individual liberty. My uncle’s interventionist policies, both domestic and foreign, stem from his irrational fear of freedom not working. Read More Here
Santorums nephew is a man after my own heart. I too believe in personal liberty and it seems these past years our government both democrat and republican alike have been working hard to take away our constitutional rights. I'm tired of it, however even if Ron Paul was elected for president do you think he would be able to change some of the laws that have been passed giving the government more power over us or bring our troops home? As a Paul supporter if he does get the GOP nomination I do intend to give him a chance to change things.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I wouldn't make too much of the Santorum nephew's endorsement. It seems equally relevant, if not more so, that Ron Paul's own brother won't be voting for him.

Jerry Paul, a retired Presbyterian minister and registered Democrat, says his brother "does not appreciate the depth" of human sinfulness and selfishness. He goes as far as to call Ron Paul's philosophy "kind of naive." Life is complicated, he suggests. "Freedom, to me, really comes with responsibility ... to work together with others in the political realm, to work on behalf of the governed," he says. "That we're going to have a safety net ... Who else is going to do that, other than our political structure?"
Source: Ron Paul Proposes Interesting Salary For Himself As President

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Family endorsements only work if the family member is someone of serious stature within the political or social landscape. Neither Jerry Paul or Santorum's nephew have that amount of push or pull with voters.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree with Tucker, I wouldn't make too much of them either. I don't agree with many of my family members on political issues, that doesn't make them unfit for office if I didn't endorse them for anything.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I would have never done that if I was his nephew. Politics is important, but family comes first. Endorsing Dr. Paul will mean nothing politically, however going public with it screws up your relationship forever. He has every right to support Paul and I don't hold that against him, there's just nothing good going to come from getting in front of a camera and telling America how you feel about your uncle.