Richardson Traded To Bobcats

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

ESPN -
    The Golden State Warriors traded veteran guard Jason Richardson to the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday night for the rights to North Carolina forward Brandan Wright, the eighth overall pick.

Charlotte also got the rights to Alabama forward Jermareo Davidson, Golden State's choice with the 36th selection.

"I'll miss Jason, of course," Mullin said. "He's one of my favorite players in the league ... but we feel good about Brandan coming in. That doesn't make it any easier."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46785/20070629/richardson_traded_to_bobcats/

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Wow looks like lots of teams are changing it up this off-season. I even heard a rumor that the Mavs are trying to get KG O_O.

3. Babe_Ruth

The Bobcats got a good player in Richardson and he's going to help them a lot. Especially that Wallace probably won't be back next season. the Bobcats should be close of making the playoffs next season if everyone stays healthy, they also have a lot of cap space left which means they can add another player that help them in a lot of different ways. Nice move by Jordan, even if they game away Wright.

4. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

This is a great move for the Bobcats. When he plays at his best Richardson can play with the best of the NBA and he can really help out in Charlotte this year.

5. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Good move for both teams because Harrington has struggled at PF and Wallace is leaving Charlotte.

6. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

only drawback is the bobcats got rid of their salary cap flexibility in one move.
    now the FA market is not that good this year and hopefully then can retain Wallace.

other than that, Richardson is 26 and should be good for a number of years.
    B Wright was a project and this team is young enough.

I really like the move if Richardson can stay healthy

7. Babe_Ruth

Jordan said that he wanted to win right away, and he's been looking to trade the pick ever since he got it, but I guess he didn't really get any good offers, but when he knew that he had a chance to get Richardson he pulled the trigger right away even if he got rid of a player that has tons of potential, like Celtic said they're young enough, and Richardson is fairly young as well, so it's not like they got a old player in return they got a scorer in return who can be very explosive around the basket.

8. fpwarriors65

fpwarriors65 Guest

I think this is a terrible move for the Bobcats, I do not understand why you get rid of brandon Wright, he will be a good player in this league, and thye jsut decided to ship him off with out giving him a chance. They are getting an extremly overrated player in Jason Richardson

9. zunami

zunami Registered Member

How is Richardson overrated let alone extremely overrated? Unbelievable athlete, great 3-point shooter and scorer.

10. fpwarriors65

fpwarriors65 Guest

well it starts with people like you who kindof make things up, if he is such a great scorer why is he only scoring 16 points a game, this ranks him 4 th on his own team and 66 in the league. and his 3 point shooting is average at best, he shoots 36% from the behind the line ranking him 100th in his elague, he is a great athlete and ill give you that but overall overrated and it all starts with ignorance. Baron Davis lead that team not Jason Richardson