Richard Jefferson denied superstardom...

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Godfather, May 5, 2006.

1. Godfather

Godfather Guest

...when Vince Carter stepped on Jersey soil. I wonder what was going through his mind at the time. I know he might be use to it now, but I hate to see an All-Star watching the all-star game instead of playing in it. The only way to justify this is, if the Nets can win the championship.

Sometimes I wonder what Frank is thinking. Kidd constantly shoots the ball more than RJ.

2. the.game

the.game Guest

I agree with you that RJ should get more touches than he does currently and although Carter may have taken away from Jefferson's stats, the Nets are a better team for it. The team has a few problems but if they can get it solved and Krstic can keep developing, New Jersey could be one of the league's truly elite teams. I know Carter takes a lot of shots away from Jefferson but it's not uncommon to see him throwing it up for RJ and it definately takes the burden of having to carry the scoring load off his back.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah and lets say Carter has a bad game, then you always have that second option in Richard Jefferson to score some baskets, I am sure at first RJ was pretty mad in a way, but then he finally realized what's best for the team, and now he probable accepts is role, which he should.