• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rich Rodriguez fired

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rich Rodriguez Fired as Michigans Head Football Coach

Not really a surprise here, and everyone expected it. The guy's had the worst record at Michigan in half a century, and it wasn't exactly a regime free of "issues" either.

I know there won't be a short list of candidates, but I wonder who they're going to hire, maybe Brady Hoke or Les Miles?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Apparently Jim Harbaugh is not on that short list. That's too bad; that might have made me interested in Michigan football again.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Apparently Jim Harbaugh is not on that short list. That's too bad; that might have made me interested in Michigan football again.
Given Harbaugh's past statements about Michigan, and then last night's talk about his Stanford team being everything that's right about college football. No way he touches the UM gig.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Everyone saw this coming. Rodriguez's record was terrible. I'm just praying they don't get Harbaugh.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Michigan AD Dave Brandon says no decision on Rich Rodriguez's future - ESPN

It was premature, no decision has been made on his fate. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go.
What's next for Michigan after RichRod? - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

It is official now. RichRod is gone.

According to ESPN's Joe Schad... NO Jim Harbaugh (expected to go to NFL)...

Brady Hoke (San Diego St. Head Coach)
Les Miles (LSU Head Coach)

I see Brady Hoke as the front-runner. SD St. is easily a power team with a power offense that Michigan could use.

I would not consider this an elite job at this point. Kind of a disaster.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
People have short memories. Michigan is still an elite football program and an elite coaching opportunity. Forget what they've done over the last ten years. They have the history, tradition, money, facilities, recruiting pipeline, power conference, and huge fanbase to turn things around quickly and start competing for national titles again. I think the only downfall to the program is the administration. They handled the Rodridguez situation, among other things, extremely poorly, perhaps making the coaching vacancy less desirable.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
You can't have the good without the bad you mentioned, though.

It all starts with a well run administration. Michigan doesn't have that now.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
On one hand, I'm glad that he's gone. He has turned one of the most historic programs into a laughingstock and managed to come off like a massive dick while doing it.

On the other hand, now I'm worried that Michigan is going to hire someone competent. I like Ohio States win streak they have going now, and with Dick Rod it would most certainly keep going.