• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rich Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides so kids can cut lines at Disney

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They are both abusing a system that was set up to help the handicapped. I think fraud charges should be leveled against both parties.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Wait, rich Americans standing on the shoulders of the crippled and broken in the name of luxury? No. Way.

Pay doesn't matter. It's disgusting that these people feel so entitled and so above everyone else that they need something as simple and petty as an advantage in the lines at Disneyland. It tells you a lot about them and probably about their personal lives as well. I'd love to see one of these pricks on a double digit income for a month and watch them squirm just to know/remember what it's like.

Wade8813

Registered Member
When I first saw this, I thought it was terrible. But I mentioned it to one of my roommates (who is far more liberal than I am), and now I'm not so sure.

The "crippled and broken" aren't being mistreated in this scenario. The article isn't clear, but it's possible that they're not actually violating Disney's rules either. If this wording is accurate
Disney allows each guest who needs a wheelchair or motorized scooter to bring up to six guests to a “more convenient entrance.”
then anyone who needs a wheelchair or motorized scooter could go to Disney with friends and go to the front of the line, and it would be legit.

It seems to me, the only people being hurt are the people who have to wait in line a bit longer because someone is going in ahead of them. Which I agree is bad, but can you honestly tell me you've never cut in line or fudged something to try to get your way? How many people would say they're 65 when they're only 64 to get a senior discount? That may be even worse. Or how many people have gotten a friend who works at the theater to sneak them in? In many cases, that's literally stealing.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree Wade, this isn't as bad as I originally thought. Those that are in wheelchairs or scooters aren't being mistreated here, they aren't having to wait in lines behind other people because of money. If anything they're being paid to help people get further up in line. Is it somewhat unethical? Yes, but those examples you gave are worse.