Ric Flair wants to come back to the WWE

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rumours are that Ric Flair sent Vince McMahon a text message stating that he wants to come back to the WWE as a wreslter once again.

Thoughts?

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
He could come back for me, just not as a wrestler anymore. It would make a mockery of his and Michaels WrestleMania match and he could severely injure himself.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The thing is the rumous as it that he wants to wrestle again. Hopefully these rumours are false. Flair his way past his prime, and cannot offer what he once did in the ring. I wouldn't mind seeing him on Raw, as a General Manager, or just the head of a stable. But not as a wrestler.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Totally agree that if he comes back it needs to be in a non-wrestling capacity only. I dont have any problem at all with him being on WWE tv but I just dont want it as an in-ring performer.

I also big time agree with Wes' point about him ruining the Michaels/Flair match from Wrestlemania if he comes back. They made that match seem so important and it would be a disgrace for him to come back and ruin that. It also ruins the tear-jerking send off they had the next night on RAW.

Dont wrestle Ric

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've had enough of Brett Favre, we don't need another version of him.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's some literature on what Flair apparently said....

I still dont think that he should come back...

Rajah.com

Ric Flair was interviewed by Alex Marvez of ScrippsNews.com this week and says he's itching to get back in the ring.

"I want to wrestle again," said Flair. "I watch WWE and I can still do better than 90 percent of the guys there. I weigh one less pound than the day I retired. I still work out really hard and I wrestle my kid (Reid) all the time. It's not like I haven't been in the ring."

Flair, who dishes out $22,000 a month in alimony payments to two ex-wives, has big money offers to return to the ring. "People in Europe are offering me a fortune. I'm tired of signing autographs. I can make more money wrestling. I love the business. I was thinking the other day about the reason why God gave me this health. I don't hurt anywhere. I haven't lost any strength. I'm just like I was 10 years ago. I keep thinking, 'Why am I signing autographs when I can still take backdrops?"

Flair even went to so far as to send Vince McMahon a text message recently asking him why he wasn't a part of the 2009 WWE Draft. Vince responded by reminding Flair that he's retired. At this point, the only thing holding him back is the blessing from WWE and Shawn Michaels. "I respect Shawn and WWE so much that I wouldn't do anything to disrespect them. They would have to give me full approval (to wrestle again). They put me in a special place. I think it's going to be a long time before we see something come across again like what they did for me (with the retirement ceremony). I didn't think it would be that big a deal. We'll see how this turns out."

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is so stupid, doesn't matter that you weigh one less pound, you've done your time, let other wrestlers take the torch and run with it. You don't belong in a wrestling ring anymore.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is so stupid, doesn't matter that you weigh one less pound, you've done your time, let other wrestlers take the torch and run with it. You don't belong in a wrestling ring anymore.
Is he that bored not wrestling or he strapped for cash? I just dont understand it.

I guess its hard for me to say since I havent had to retire from the thing that I love doing and have done all my life.

but still.