Ric Flair and WWE part ways

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well shit. Are you telling me WWE and him couldnt have some kinda working relationship? Flair said he isnt leaving on bad terms but this gives him the option of pursuing other opportunities. WWE kept Flair from doing a couple things he wanted to do and this allows him to do that.

This doesnt mean he's getting back in the ring but he's no longer affiliated with World Wrestling Entertainment.

WWE.com has officially confirmed Ric Flair's departure from the company. Here is the statement they released:

Flair and WWE Part Ways

Written: August 3, 2008

WWE and Hall of Famer Ric Flair have mutually agreed to contractually part ways. After an extraordinary career Ric has chosen to pursue opportunities outside of WWE

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow this is kind of surprising, I expected Flair to do a lot of things backstage for the WWE.

But I understand that Flair wants to do different things and wants to create different storylines and if the WWE doesn't want to let him to do that, then whats the point of staying with the company really.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
If TNA was smart they would have a rep on the phone with Flair not in a in ring role maybe a GM type role or at least on the creative team. This guys knows his stuff and could only help any creative team with things he has seen work and flop over his 150 years of wrestling.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Saw it coming, Flair has spent a good deal in WWE, and wants to go somewhere else or pursue interests outside of wrestling including politics.

Ohhh, I thought Flair would be with WWE till the end (his end). Very shocking.

Can't wait to see what he does next.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ohhh, I thought Flair would be with WWE till the end (his end). Very shocking.

Can't wait to see what he does next.
You probably wont even hear about it for the most part. Unless he goes to TNA it'll be non wrestling related I'm sure.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
My guess is that he probably has some business of his own to take care of or he wants to relax. Good for Rick, he deserves it.