• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

RI law to allow doctors to apologize

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that's a good idea. Sometimes people have a hard time letting something go without an apologia.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It sounds like the decent thing to do but some part of me is worried by this. To be honest, I'm really not sure why. I feel like an apology isn't going to fix anything so it's kind of meaningless but at the same time if it does help reduce malpractice suits, then I guess it's a positive for the hospital. Then again, doesn't the hospital deserve problems if its quality of care is bad?

Wade8813

Registered Member
It sounds like the decent thing to do but some part of me is worried by this. To be honest, I'm really not sure why. I feel like an apology isn't going to fix anything so it's kind of meaningless but at the same time if it does help reduce malpractice suits, then I guess it's a positive for the hospital. Then again, doesn't the hospital deserve problems if its quality of care is bad?
I agree. I kinda had the same nagging doubt.

I think the key here is that everything else is the same - they can still be sued - but they don't have to worry about the legal ramifications of making an apology.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I think it's a good idea. It's so frusterating to have a doctor make a mistake while treating you or a loved one and then have the doctor not admit fault just to save his or her own butt.