Rey Mysterio Suspended

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Aug 28, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Wow. That's a huge blow, not just for Mysterio but also for Dolph Ziggler who Mysterio was doing a great job in putting over. I was sure Dolph was gonna beat Mysterio for the title at Breaking Point and it sucks that that can't happen now.

Still, it says that the suspension doesn't start until September 2nd. So i guess instead of vacating the titles, they're gonna have it change hands at the Smackdown tapings.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! That is huge news, but it doesn't surprise me. Look at Rey during his WCW days and look at him now, there's a huge difference. With that being said I'm really happy Ziggler is going to get the IC Title, it will be great for his career.

3. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

"Violation of the company's policy"? That could mean anything...I wonder what he did. :hmm:

But that is pretty big news. Rey Mysterio's got a fair old fan base, so I wonder how this'll go down...

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Uh-oh, I wonder if they'll do NOTHING with Dolph while Rey waits out his suspension. In a couple of months they'll rehash this feud they have going and finally give Ziggler the title? Or, do you think the WWE will give Dolph the title and say it was vacant?

This is shocking news! I didn't expect Rey to ever get suspended. He seems like a really well-to-do guy that listens to the man. Very interesting... Well, while this is brought up, I read somewhere that Rey made a demand backstage at Summerslam because he didn't want to give up the title to Dolph Ziggler. Not sure if it's true or not. Heck, I wasn't even going to bring it up until I saw this thread. O_O;

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Mysterio will, without any doubt, lose the Intercontinental title because of this violation. It'll be on Smackdown I'm sure like was mentioned.

Rey has always been a small dude but he's been linked in the past to this crap. I am surprised though still.

6. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

His was one of the names brought up in the investigation into prescriptions and suchlike so I am not even slightly surprised.

7. Millz

Found this information on rajah.com

Its a good read...talks about Mysterio and his drug history.

8. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

They had a huuuuuuge story in the Wrestling Observer at the time and it made for very interesting reading indeed.

9. Millz

source: www.f4wonline.com

Interesting read right here...

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Whoa, that's harsh. I wonder why he didn't provide the proof in time. Hmm...

Also, on SmackDown! I'm still seeing a Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler match set up for Breaking Point. Why still advertise it if he won't be able to attend? o_O;