Rey Mysterio injured at house show?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
According to Dave Meltzer, it is being reported that Rey Mysterio may have been injured at tonight's WWE house show in Lubbock, TX. Mysterio slipped on the ropes going for his 619 finisher. The source says that Mysterio was attended to by medics for about 10 minutes before being helped to the back and it looked like he injured his left leg. It doesn't seem likely that this was an injury angle since it happened at a house show.

If this is true then this really sucks for him, we know that he has missed a few Wrestlemania's due to injuries, and it can be the same again this time around. Should be interesting to see if he's on Raw tonight.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's missed 2 consecutive after winning the World title at Wrestlemania 22. I really hope it's not serious.
------
Update on Mysterio...appears to be good news on the injury front...
I received several live reports saying that Rey Mysterio was injured over the weekend at a WWE house show. Mysterio went for his 619 finisher but botched the spot and fell through the ropes to the arena floor below. He appeared to have tweaked his knee in the process. Thankfully he did not sustain a serious injury and he wrestled the following night (last night) in San Angelo, Texas.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well that's good news, but the WWE will have to be careful with him, because they don't want to lose him for a long period of time. Also Rey cannot take as many risk till that knee is fully healed.