• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rey Misterio Reportedly Signs 2 year deal with WWE

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I think PWInsider debunked this on Thursday. They're still negotiating. Personally, as long as I don't see Rey Mysterio drop out of ALL IN like Deonna Purrazzo did last week, I'm not taking this as a done deal.

I personally don't want Rey back. They already have enough older guys blocking opportunities for the talent that overflows the roster. Guy was good in WCW, but then made a name for himself off the death of Eddie Guerrero. Otherwise, he never would have sniffed a major championship. Rey is a great cruiserweight, maybe best ever, but there is no place for him in today's WWE. He'll just get upset again and pout like he did before.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
The thing with Rey here is that if they had a solid Hispanic superstar at the moment, they wouldn't need for Rey Mysterio to come back. My best assumption is that they're gonna use Mysterio to make Andrade "Cien" Almas that Hispanic star. At least, I hope this is what they'll do. NXT newcomers have such a hard time getting over lately because Vince has zero clue what to do with them.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Eh, I'm fine with him coming back if he wants to come back. He can still go.

A feud with Almas would rule. I wanna see Styles vs Mysterio as well. Or hell, Bryan v him

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You know how I feel about Mysterio. That said, a feud with him and Almas could be very good, however, Almas better be getting over.

In addition, don't shove Mysterio down our throats like you once did because the kids love him.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
Just by watching Almas vs Sin Cara they are clearly setting up a Almas vs Rey Misterio program. If so Misterio needs to put over Almas

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I hope that's the way they're gonna go.

But about Almas vs Sin Cara....had they given them 5 more minutes, both guys could've torn the house down. They had great chemistry.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was impressed by Sin Cara in that match yesterday. Give him more chances to do stuff.