• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Revolution Controller

dk_rare

Registered Member
Samus, you should of put "like thus" at the end of each explanation of the pictures, John Cleese style as Q in Bond.

KannonMAK

Registered Member
nman77 said:
I think a lot fo older gamers wll be put off by this as they will prefer a pad.
I dont think that will be true, I think most older gamers will be ready for something like this. We've grown up with changing remotes and if its anything they say it feels like, we should be able to just pick it up and play without much of a learning curve.

dk_rare

Registered Member
But how awesome is IGNs classic pad thing, it looks like Nintendo could of thought ahead with this, to shut up any people that doubt it can play 3rd party games.

bgeezyrepping33

Anybody else excited about the mere possibility of comfort that this controller could give an FPS. I'm not the greatest fan of the genre but if this works like I think it will (which I believe is very sketchy, I'm a big fan of Nintendo but they drop the ball like it's a hot potato) the revolution could be the premiere system for FPS. A Revolution version of Metroid Prime could be off the chain.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, obviously this new controller could be awesome for first-person shooters, but somehow I don't think there will be very many quality shooters for Revolution. I have a feeling Nintendo will make something really gay, like Mario Paintball, and promote it as the premiere next-gen shooter. Also, I'm worried that this controller will turn Metroid into more of a shooter than an adventure game.

Pianobone

Registered Member
I like the shell idea, but it's still not enough to make me like that controller. As one reviewer from G4 Tech TV said, "It looks like a DVD remote with a detachable breast pump."

Andrew's right about only time telling. It's an extreme controller, meaning it will do really well or be the biggest goof in Nintendo history.

KannonMAK

Registered Member
Pianobone said:
I like the shell idea, but it's still not enough to make me like that controller. As one reviewer from G4 Tech TV said, "It looks like a DVD remote with a detachable breast pump."

Andrew's right about only time telling. It's an extreme controller, meaning it will do really well or be the biggest goof in Nintendo history.
games are stale nowadays, i dont feel i'm getting anything new by using the same controller over and over again. this will open up a whole new way to play the games we play.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I think it's going to be a success. Imagine... now, I know the controller has the sensor on the top, but what about a light gun attachment in which the controller would act as an ammo magezine. That way, it would feel more natural shooting with the light gun, and be pretty cool loading the controller inside.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Pianobone said:
It looks like a DVD remote with a detachable breast pump.
Then again what do other consoles controllers look like? Fisher Price toys? Double ended dildos? The Rev controller looks like much more of a tool, it makes you want to pick it up. Other controllers are based on acrade cabinets, it is about time such an ancient design of a controller is dropped.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I dont think the old style should be dropped, I just think it needs a little change from time to time... not the same exact thing over and over again